For us Beefeaters

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Dr Gary Fettke's address at a forum hosted by Agforce

The beef industry needs to know where the anti-meat rhetoric started and plan a defence because it is under attack.

There was no question vegan propaganda was holding the meat industry to ransom, he said.

The rhetoric was full of misinformation, he said, using as an example the claim 51 per cent of greenhouse gas emissions were from ruminant livestock production.

"The claim 2500 litres of water are required to make a beef burger is also a gross misrepresentation of the green water that rains upon the ground," he said.

Sanitarium owns the Alternative Meat Company, which partners with the Alternative Dairy Company, and is key source of propaganda that is directly harming animal-based food industries, according to Dr Fettke.

"Plant-based foods do not easily cover the essential amino acid requirements for protein intake.

"Generally, plant-based diets require supplementation for at least vitamin B12 and iron."

I agree.

Good article, thanks for posting it.

People are so far removed from agriculture these days that they will believe much the propaganda they are exposed to. I have been saying for years that our Beef Associations both national and state need to be using the check off money to counter the propaganda. If memory serves me correctly the dues to the national association is $150 annually for producers with under 100 head. I quit being a part of that many years ago, I think they could at least run some ads stating some quick key points like the beef it's what's for dinner commercials that they did many years ago and nothing since.,to counter the propaganda.

People are so far removed from agriculture these days that they will believe much the propaganda they are exposed to. I have been saying for years that our Beef Associations both national and state need to be using the check off money to counter the propaganda. If memory serves me correctly the dues to the national association is $150 annually for producers with under 100 head. I quit being a part of that many years ago, I think they could at least run some ads stating some quick key points like the beef it's what's for dinner commercials that they did many years ago and nothing since.,to counter the propaganda.
What do they spend the money on?

What do they spend the money on?
Our state association hired a couple new employees. As far as I can tell they just do more of the same making presentations at county association meetings and preaching to the choir so to speak. The last meeting I went to a few years ago, one of the new hires demonstrated a new ridiculous way to cut some kind of steak.

Thank you @HDRider for the article. I read somewhere and cannot find it, the amount of water and chemicals that goes into making some of these fake meat products... it was quite the eye opener.... Way out of line in comparison to what goes into processing of beef....

Sanitarium owns the Alternative Meat Company, which partners with the Alternative Dairy Company, and is key source of propaganda that is directly harming animal-based food industries, according to Dr Fettke.
Saw an ad on TV today for 'fake meat' from MorningStar Farms.
Of course there is no Farm, just a name chosen for marketing.
BUT in Hebrew, Morning Star = Lucifer. :) lol
just sayin'

Latest posts