For those of you...

Help Support CattleToday:

Just Curious

Reaction score
enjoying this burst of cool air from the north and maybe have some time on your hands...
Temperatures here in Northwest Montana have finally dropped below the 70's...
The other day we were thinking, when the temperature was 3 degrees above zero.... If it were 10 times warmer, we would be at 30 degrees...
But what if we were at a minus (-) 3 degrees.... What would the temperature be if it were 10 times "warmer"?
In any event, I think that with this past week of sub-zero temperatures, it's time to break out the ice house and go fishing..
Merry Christmas to all

Ice fishing.... imagine that.

It's 79 degrees here this evening. The only ice we have when fishing is the ice that's keeping the beer cold. :D

Just Curious":37wshxcy said:
The other day we were thinking, when the temperature was 3 degrees above zero.... If it were 10 times warmer, we would be at 30 degrees...
But what if we were at a minus (-) 3 degrees.... What would the temperature be if it were 10 times "warmer"?

I just thought I'd let you know that I asked the math dept. chair at my school and he said 10 degress warmer than -3 degrees was 27 degrees. Hope that helps. :lol: Either way +3 degrees is too cold for me! :shock:

it's -11C here now.. I hope no one wants it 10 times hotter, that would be about 214F...

However, -11C is what, about 10F or so, 10 times hotter would be 100F, which is 40C

should we also include the Kelvin scale? -11C is 262K, 10 times that is 2620, which is about 2500C, about 4500F

I think it would be safer to stick with saying "I wish it were 10 degrees warmer" than going with multiples