For those of you who missed Macon's comment on ranchers.net

Help Support CattleToday:

Cattle Rack Rancher

Reaction score
What advantages/disadvantages come with log-in/registering?

Disavantage-- you have to register one time. You can check the auto log in button and you don't have to login next time. Someone here said if you are posting under your regular "handle" you might not say what needs to be said. Caustic Burno, brokenmouth, muratic are just a few of the many handles on cattletoday that are really alter egos for a regular poster. You can have more than one name and no one but me can see your IP number and know.

Advantages- Nobody else can post under your name. We can ban a poster. Rarely necessary. In the last six years we have banned three people. One of which has moved here.

Thanks for all your imput. And it's a shame that Jared (aka Nebrusker, BLACKPOWER, The One, Ham etc.) is the only person who ever causes a problem on cattle boards. But some people don't have any "do-right" in them. Biggest problem with this software, you can't ban anybody for any reason if they use dial up unless you want to ban a range of IPs, some of which may use ranchers.net. The IP changes everytime they connect.

Cattle Rack Rancher":14l9dzm7 said:
Caustic Burno, brokenmouth, muratic are just a few of the many handles on cattletoday that are really alter egos for a regular poster.

Macon, should we be offended? What is wrong with our egos? I thought that is what makes the world go 'round.

Oh, no, wait---you said alter egos ;-) ;-)

CKC1586":2tfeel0k said:
sooo Muratic, Caustic, Brokenmouth etc are just arguing with himself??? :shock:

OK OK y'all finally cought me and I might as well fess up now.
I am my own Grandpa too ;-)

Caustic Burno":2l8cdk0g said:
CKC1586":2l8cdk0g said:
sooo Muratic, Caustic, Brokenmouth etc are just arguing with himself??? :shock:

You can rest assured Caustic, Muratic and brokenmouth are not the same people .

caustic you almost sound relieved about that

Well well well Muratic. I was starting to have sweet affections :heart: for you...now I find out that your not what you say you are. I really thought that you were a girl...now I find out like this that you might have a kickstand instead.....makes me feel kind of dirty :oops: :oops: :oops:

Latest posts