for the Kaw' Mule owners

Help Support CattleToday:

CircleA

Reaction score
I just purchased the 3010 4x4 Mule - it is the '04 model and so far so good.
However, when i put it in four wheel drive and lock the differentials and attempt to climb a small hill the rear tires just spin. How much climbing power does this thing actually have or is the four wheel more for mud and snow?

Alex

If the wheels spin and they're not bouncing off the ground at the time, you need some weight on the rear. My 2510 is alwasy so loaded I haven't had a problem.

For instance 4X5 bale:

mule-hay.jpg

dun

txshowmom":lkch5kdv said:
Dun, how old is that hay?

It's from this past srping. The baler didn't tie it so it's sat in the field for many months getting rained on. Surprisingly, it's not that bad once you get the outer couple of inches off. That was also the field that we cut on a thursday and it rained everyday until the sunday a week later when we finally got it baled. It didn't look much better when we baled it,, but the cows have been reaching through the fence to munch on it. Belly deep in green grass and they wan't that stuff. I figure it's like having primerib everyday, I wouldn't get tired of it myself, but some body else might like a hot dog once in a while to break up the monotony.

dun

Dun you always come up with the wildest ideas - a mule hay wagon :D - why didn't I think of that? :?:

MrBilly":3lcv2t5c said:
Dun you always come up with the wildest ideas - a mule hay wagon :D - why didn't I think of that? :?:

It would probably work pretty well as long as it was all down hill. My wife drove it up the hill and said the only time she could steer it was when she hit a bump and the front timres touched.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to put a three point on the back and loader on the front.
dun

How the heck did you get it off of there? I realize you have a dump bed, but that would take a couple of pretty stout guys to tilt that thing out of the bed. I guess you could just let them eat enough of it until you could handle the dump yourself.

eric":27gm2c98 said:
How the heck did you get it off of there? I realize you have a dump bed, but that would take a couple of pretty stout guys to tilt that thing out of the bed. I guess you could just let them eat enough of it until you could handle the dump yourself.

Same way I got it on. Lifted it with the tractor and drove the mule out from under.

dun

dun":28qxel05 said:
eric":28qxel05 said:

Same way I got it on. Lifted it with the tractor and drove the mule out from under.

dun

Then why didnt you just use the tractor to put the bale where you wanted it? You kids, always using two tools when one will do! You must be getting paid by the hour aren't ya?

eric":36of0pjw said:
dun":36of0pjw said:
eric":36of0pjw said:

dun

Then why didnt you just use the tractor to put the bale where you wanted it? You kids, always using two tools when one will do! You must be getting paid by the hour aren't ya?

The bale isn't tied. If you try to move it with the spike it keeps peeling off as you move. Every jiggle and a little more hay left along the way. I only had to move it about 1/4 mile, through 2 hollers and up 2 hills. If I would have used the tractor I would have had a little chunk about the size of a paper towel roll by the time I got it where it needed to go. That's the reason it's sat there so long. Didn't have both the means to lift it and the means to move it at the same place at the same time until that day.

dun

Latest posts