{for the good of this message board}

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

paul swisher wrote today inapropriate comments. i think this was a good post.

my perception of this board is this. i think that it is a great place for dialouge in the beef industry. i stumbled on to this site and since doing so have informed many peple of its location and what see as an asset to the producer.

what i to have seen and also been guilty of is straying from is the topic of the forum i have entered. to those who have posted and when i was guilty of changing the subjet i appologize.

to all that read this please be carefull not to run off the first timers or the new ones seeking subject matter. as many will fail to return if all they get is no replys or arrogance.

we all have our own breeds but macon started this board and it has great pottential get the word out as to the sites location.

my opinion is that this board has not began to reach the pottential that is there through this board for all producers or future producers through this site.

most cattle people are not afraid to run a bumper sticker i for one would be willing to help get the info out by this means. for the record i have no affiliation with nor do i know macon personally.

we need to all stick with the subject matter of the topic posted and not be arrogant with any one who posts or chooses to get involved in a topic. for the good of those who chose to come to this site and the good of this site.

thanks for taking time to read

We are all at times stray from the subject at hand. But that is exactly the way any normal converation progress'. When you have a large group of people discussing anything, one thing will call to mind something else that may or not be pertinent to the original subject.
Even on heavily moderated boards this happens. That's one of the problems with the existing software, you can't start a new subject thread within an existing one.
If you feel that something is totally out of hand, pm one of the moderators and they can/should be able to move things around and start a new thread with whatever is appropriate.
One of the beauties of this particular board is the freewheeling nature.
Some posts/subjects are just too easy to poke a stick at and kid the poster/responder. Gee, that sounds like the real world too. What sounds to one person as a wisecrack answer maybe just a terse reponse with no disrespect meant.

dun

Well, when folks sit at my kitchen table - even when we discuss business - we tend to wander around from subject to subject. I do not think of this as inappropriate. I think of it as being human.

So, I guess that I'm in the same part of the field on this topic as Dun.

In the end if someone wants to bring the conversation back on track - then they will do it.

People being people, they will always have an annecdote to interject into any discussion. Makes for the reason we are different I suppose.

Best to all,

Bez

Campground Cattle":lhaugziq said:
Register then so we will know who we are having dialogue with.

i dont care if the one is registered or not who gets involved in or posts a topic. this is not a pet peve to me when i sign on to this forum it is to learn ask questions or just sit back and watch.

a very interesting fact a lot of times when i view this board i first go to the question and answers section first to see how many people are looking at the boards at that time. i have never seen more than 3 registered users using this site at one time but i have seen as many as 11 guests at one time

it dont really matter to me who one is but what they have to say

have a great day.

Yes and no...lol.

Think it is only human for people to digress in conversation and off topic once in a while. One can always "switch channels" if one doesn't like the program they're watching...

One very nice thing about this board is that we get a lot of diverse opinion, personalities, sense of humor and lack of sense of humor. If the board was extremely rigid and "academic", then probably many of the posters/viewers would go elsewhere...

About the only "serious" complaint I have about some posters is that they start a dialog and don't reveal who and where they are. For someone to reply with a reasonably accurate reply it always helps to know their geographic location.

Bez":rqe1ih0p said:
Well, when folks sit at my kitchen table - even when we discuss business - we tend to wander around from subject to subject. I do not think of this as inappropriate. I think of it as being human.

So, I guess that I'm in the same part of the field on this topic as Dun.

In the end if someone wants to bring the conversation back on track - then they will do it.

People being people, they will always have an annecdote to interject into any discussion. Makes for the reason we are different I suppose.

Best to all,

Bez

Bez, I guess I'm another one that goes along with Dun on this one. Have to agree with Campground and Bill that it's important to know where somebody is and what to call them, whether they choose to register or not.

Conversations sometimes degenerate into cussing and name-calling. That is just human nature. When that happens, Macon can lock it up. But the conversational format also provides a much better environment to share opinions and practices than if we took turns lecturing.

Latest posts