For Pasta Lovers !

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought a real pasta pot . Now I have no excuses anymore as to why it doesn't turn out ;-)
Does anyone have some tips to make sure your ravioli does not come apart at the seams please ?

My Lagostina 5 litre pasta pot .
IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3319.jpg

Now to try it out. I think this Sunday will be pasta dinner night . :D

Keep the water from doing a rolling boil.
Oh great--- I can hear my momma screaming now "are you trying to ruin it- turn it down"

Fancy cooking gadgets...P-Lease.... :lol: Come on HD...I'd bet you don't need cooking help from the pots... :p

Psst....where can I get one. :secret:

Thanks for the tips. I actually got it for a 1/3 off . I still will have some explaining to do about the cost though, that is why I thought if I can finally make perfect ravioli Mr HD would let it slide. ;-) We had a discussion last year when I bought one more pot for my collection and he told me I had enough d@m cookware already and to knock it off. Oops I guess I had a memory lapse .. :lol:

Slick I was wondering about that especially if the pasta comes apart ,it would stick to the bottom and not drain when I lift it up. Will be careful ,thanks .

Have to go through some of my favorite pasta books that I got as a gift from a real Italian cook and find a great recipe to make. Was thinking spinach and provolone ravioli with Italian sausage bolognese sauce . :D

Was wondering also if the pot could be used to boil a couple of lobsters or is it too small. We can't get the large live lobsters here that you can living along the coast ,they don't fly those in to us. Still have to make lobster thermidor that was promised.

1982vett":mxo35k2n said:
TexasBred":mxo35k2n said:
Nice looking cooker....stove looks just like my wife's too. ;-)
:lol: Just wondering what your stove looks like TB.... :p
roflmbo.....Vett you know I can't cook...but I can do a super warm up job with the microwave. :cowboy:

Finally got to use my new pasta pot. I had my nieces and nephew for a few days and we made steak au poivre for dinner one night. They helped with the rolling and cutting of the pasta so it wasn't very pretty ;-) but is sure tasted good. :D

Sorry no pics, was a huge meal and alot to do. Took me 45 minutes to do up the dinner dishes. Don't know how you gals manage with large families, but I was pooped at the end of that day . :lol:

Next time will tackle ravioli .

hillsdown":1x3biy8p said:
Finally got to use my new pasta pot. I had my nieces and nephew for a few days and we made steak au poivre for dinner one night. They helped with the rolling and cutting of the pasta so it wasn't very pretty ;-) but is sure tasted good. :D

Sorry no pics, was a huge meal and alot to do. Took me 45 minutes to do up the dinner dishes. Don't know how you gals manage with large families, but I was pooped at the end of that day . :lol:

Larger families usually means more pot washers...... :lol:

1982vett":32gyf7ku said:
hillsdown":32gyf7ku said:

Larger families usually means more pot washers...... :lol:

I guess, but Auntie Hillsdown is such a push over sometimes. :help: They helped with dishes the next evening, was really nice to have sit down dinners at the dining room table again .