For-Most head gate

Help Support CattleToday:

TCRanch":3uoctayq said:
jedstivers":3uoctayq said:
cfpinz":3uoctayq said:
I've yet to see one of those in person, but keep hearing good things about them.

Anyone know what a Q86 manual chute with the headtable sells for?
Can't remember the number but the one I want is 6-6,500 dollars.
I'm going the have one too. I hope by next fall.
I'm friends with the Territory Sales Mgr & one of the Sales Reps for Arrowquip, neighbor has a new Q86. PM if you want contact info.
Thanks.
I'm at least one more crop year (a good one) away from buying one.

the arrow chutes do look really nice.

I don't care for for most much.

priefert I know works like a champ ..

My Molly Silencer / turret gate system should be here around middle of Jan. :) Should be awesome!

I decided not to buy the for most head gate. Iam going to buy a prifert s01 I think. Iam redoing some of my corral to make room for the chute. Do I need to set the chute on a concrete pad or would gravel work? I thought I could bolt it to some railroad ties that where a couple feet wider than the chute but dig down where the top of the ties where even with the ground so that you don't trip over them.

I'd do concrete. I'd also put a cover over it.
My plans are to have my whole working area under a cover and if not in a barn at least with a wind break on two sides a fan and heater in it. And a water hydrant close to keep the area clean. And a refrigerator for vaccines. And good lights.

jedstivers":14fgjvv1 said:
I'd do concrete. I'd also put a cover over it.
My plans are to have my whole working area under a cover and if not in a barn at least with a wind break on two sides a fan and heater in it. And a water hydrant close to keep the area clean. And a refrigerator for vaccines. And good lights.
Just use the back wall of the house as an alley, and the pool as a dip tank bathtub combo.

pricefarm":2qvkcvug said:
I decided not to buy the for most head gate. Iam going to buy a prifert s01 I think. Iam redoing some of my corral to make room for the chute. Do I need to set the chute on a concrete pad or would gravel work? I thought I could bolt it to some railroad ties that where a couple feet wider than the chute but dig down where the top of the ties where even with the ground so that you don't trip over them.

i would upgrade the headgate to the 91.

but that is a small chute.. I'm not sure your cows will fit through.. I could be wrong though.

S04 is probably what you need.

Bite the bullet, don't be cheap! it always costs more

ddd75":1xfd7alk said:
pricefarm":1xfd7alk said:

i would upgrade the headgate to the 91.

but that is a small chute.. I'm not sure your cows will fit through.. I could be wrong though.

S04 is probably what you need.

Bite the bullet, don't be cheap! it always costs more

I had found the so1 used but I waited to long and the man already sold it. The so1 is 2650 new with the 91 model head gate. Not sure what the so4 cost. I can get a new tarter 6 series for 2900$. Which one would be better ?

In your case I'd stay with Priefert and buy as good as money allows. Setting it on concrete is the best but be sure to anchor it so it doesn't move forward. Tarter is a cheaper made chute. Also, Priefert makes videos of their chutes. I'd take a look at them before deciding. I own the SO4 and really like it.

slick4591":kfite8zh said:
In your case I'd stay with Priefert and buy as good as money allows. Setting it on concrete is the best but be sure to anchor it so it doesn't move forward. Tarter is a cheaper made chute. Also, Priefert makes videos of their chutes. I'd take a look at them before deciding. I own the SO4 and really like it.

Agree with slick. Put it on concrete. You will not regret it.

the s04 is the best chute for the money hands down.

To give you an idea.. with a foremost chute, it took us 2 day to run my herd.

With the S04 chute, we ran them in 3 hours.

ddd75":26wglysi said:

That's an awful broad statement.

Absolutely no way I'd trade my For-Most for a Priefert, they're not even in the same ballpark when you compare apples to apples - as in an SO4 Priefert to a 450 For-Most.

cfpinz":d2ca6t1g said:
ddd75":d2ca6t1g said:

That's an awful broad statement.

Absolutely no way I'd trade my For-Most for a Priefert, they're not even in the same ballpark when you compare apples to apples - as in an SO4 Priefert to a 450 For-Most.

well.. I stated that FOR THE MONEY its the best.

Sorry though, Your For most 450 is a loud, clanky, POS that no cow wants to go into. I've used that chute multiple times to run hundreds of head and it was a terrible chute.

Bought a priefert so4 couple years ago on sale for 3200 one of my better Investments, used just enough gravel to level a spot set it right on the ground have not had any issues with it, my biggest cow just barely fits in there last time I weighed her she weight 1765 she needs to go to town. I would hate to have anything smaller than the so4

ddd75":2de9xc0t said:
Sorry though, Your For most 450 is a loud, clanky, POS that no cow wants to go into. I've used that chute multiple times to run hundreds of head and it was a terrible chute.

A poor operator always blames his tools.