? for Larry Sansom .

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
I wonder if you would mind sharing your vaccination program? I am in an adjoining county(Butler) and wanted some other opionions. I want to start doing a better job on them. Also what mineral do you use? Thanks.

tom4018":2h5t0eqn said:
I wonder if you would mind sharing your vaccination program? I am in an adjoining county(Butler) and wanted some other opionions. I want to start doing a better job on them. Also what mineral do you use? Thanks.
Recent info on the high sulfur on our pastures from our KY Coal burning power plants has changed my mineral program to the higher Copper levels - 1500- 3000 range. This also has an effect on the Selenium utilization - purchase from Livestock Management Services - Bowling Green KY. Buy in ton lots - if you need less - you are close - just call & I will split some off for you. Also make sure your zinc is 3X copper. The vac on my closed herd is really simple - only calves get blackleg plus Bova Shield . cows get nothing. come on up & visit some time.

Thanks for the info and i will check on the mineral. I was just wanting to see what someone in my area was doing and I might take you up on the offer one day. Thanks, Tom

Latest posts