? For Fenceman

Help Support CattleToday:

But a counterfeit expert really stands out...
You are right. You will see that one day.

You made fun of me for not wanting to get some one hurt. For thought, not wanting to get other hurt, seeing unintended consequences are all signs of maturity also. You may see that one day. If not, I'm sure an attorney or judge will explain it to you.

I'm past impressing people... especially on forums. You will get there one day, bud.

You are right. You will see that one day.

You made fun of me for not wanting to get some one hurt. For thought, not wanting to get other hurt, seeing unintended consequences are all signs of maturity also. You may see that one day. If not, I'm sure an attorney or judge will explain it to you.

I'm past impressing people... especially on forums. You will get there one day, bud.
I didn't make fun of you. You can't take a joke.
I answered Lucky's question.
I certainly didn't call you stupid. I pmd you my number so you can call me stupid where I can hear you. Or you can hunker behind your keyboard son, and keep pretending your something your not.

I will call you tonight but not right now.

You had the option to keep on moving. I even put... if you dont build fence every day... but you didnt.

I'm not going to let poste like this sit for some one who does not know better to get hurt. I will give an opposing view or another option. If you dont like it... take it up with the mods.

I will call you tonight but not right now.

You had the option to keep on moving. I even put... if you dont build fence every day... but you didnt.

I'm not going to let poste like this sit for some one who does not know better to get hurt. I will give an opposing view or another option. If you dont like it... take it up with the mods.
I don't understand why you get so worked up every time I post on certain things.
You said " trying to impress" I guess you think that's why I posted the video.and that bothers you. Certainly seems to be a trend. Notice greybeard poked and I poked back
Nobody threw a tizzy. Whatever your problem is you need to lay it down.
I don't care who I impress. I work long days in remote areas often alone. This forum is my company while I'm working. Notice Im never here in the evening. ...kinda weird but that's the truth.
Lots of folks here work dangerous jobs. I've got plenty of bw scars and so do my boys. I'm fine with that. I'd you're not that's your deal. Start a thread....make a video... and get a hide thick enough to take some jokes . But son there's a difference in a rough joke and flat calling a name.
A few years back someone that used to be here sent me a private message with something you said about me. We can talk about that to
Look forward to speaking with you.
Don't call me after 6:30

Another one on fencing incidents: I must have been about 12 and Dad was stretching a barb wire and it had hung up on a snag.
He told me to pick it up and just as I reached for it I could see the two strands sliding by each other. The barb side whipped around
my hand and I wound up with two big slices across the palm. Scared the s---- out of me. Must have bothered Dad some too as
he took me to the house to get it wrapped. I wear leather gloves to this day.

Another one on fencing incidents: I must have been about 12 and Dad was stretching a barb wire and it had hung up on a snag.
He told me to pick it up and just as I reached for it I could see the two strands sliding by each other. The barb side whipped around
my hand and I wound up with two big slices across the palm. Scared the s---- out of me. Must have bothered Dad some too as
he took me to the house to get it wrapped. I wear leather gloves to this day.
Had a guy get cut real bad grabbing a wire that was being rolled out.
Nobody that works for me walks up and down the line handling the wire while it's being rolled out. And it seems like that is exactly what people want to do. Barbwire doesn't fly around when it breaks from being stretched. I'd make a video but I don't want to get anyone upset. Barbwire that's being rolled out will hurt you. We roll everything out we can by machine. https://photos.app.goo.gl/EdNut7a14x57w6L26

Must be nice to build a fence where you can drive a tractor..
When I was 14-16, my twin brother and I fenced 4 & 5 strand, 124 acres of raw woods here where I live now. Every roll of the old gaucho carried and unrolled on a pipe carried between us. If a tree was in the way, we carried a 2 man crosscut saw down the propertyline and cut it down.

Barbwire doesn't fly around when it breaks from being stretched.
I never saw any fly back and try to coil itself back up either, but way back, when the original Gaucho came out, it would do it to some extent. The first gaucho we bought in '64 was made in central or south America and it may have been different than the better stuff we have available today. I remember that stuff being a lot stiffer than what Bekaert hitensile barbed wire is now.

About 35 years ago I worked a gov't job and had to use some sick leave or lose it. I called in and started to tie up the rest of the Gaucho wire we had stretched over the weekend. I was using a screwdriver and the wire ties supplied with the T posts, tieing the top wire over hogwire. The wire borke and a barb hung in my arm above my elbow. it jerked me back and luckily I had tied the post behind me. The wire had twisted and wrapped in my arm at least 4 times. Luckily it was loose flesh, but I had to cut the wire with my pliers and then unwrap my arm flesh from it. I only has a small puncture wound. However, if the post behind me had not been tied, I would have had a lot of torn up flesh. I have never used Gaucho again..

I don't understand why you get so worked up every time I post on certain things.
You said " trying to impress" I guess you think that's why I posted the video.and that bothers you. Certainly seems to be a trend. Notice greybeard poked and I poked back
Nobody threw a tizzy. Whatever your problem is you need to lay it down.
I don't care who I impress. I work long days in remote areas often alone. This forum is my company while I'm working. Notice Im never here in the evening. ...kinda weird but that's the truth.
Lots of folks here work dangerous jobs. I've got plenty of bw scars and so do my boys. I'm fine with that. I'd you're not that's your deal. Start a thread....make a video... and get a hide thick enough to take some jokes . But son there's a difference in a rough joke and flat calling a name.
A few years back someone that used to be here sent me a private message with something you said about me. We can talk about that to
Look forward to speaking with you.
Don't call me after 6:30
This is better than the Olympics. I would like to request a post-game report.

This is better than the Olympics. I would like to request a post-game report.
They both seem like super nice guys but, I think they need to meet up at a stripes. Maybe have a couple of those hotdogs that roll around on that warmer all day and a tall boy while they talk it over. If y'all pick the one in Lampassas make sure not to sit on the curb on the north side there's tons of stickers on that grassy slope towards the creek. They'll get in your dogs paws and their a pain to get out. Hope y'all work it out.

My feeling are not hurt in any way. I have said it before and I will be clear one more time... I do not give 2 flips what fence thinks. I don't doubt he does a good job and builds a good fence. Readers are more than welcome to read both and choose for themselves what they would like to do.

I'm not going to tell war stories or post my resume to try to justify myself or prove myself. If the reader cant read my logic and understand it that's ok, and good luck to them.

There are A LOT of dangerous things we all do on a regular basis. I'm not going to post them here with out context or explaining the risk or any thing else like that. Others can if they would like... but I choose not to. There are people with little to no experience with fence, equipment and a lot of other things or young people or what ever and it's not worth a chance of one of them getting hurt to prove how tough I am.

If some one wants to call me son, little tit, and all that other little childish stuff to make themself feel better have at it. Im secure in my abilities. Dont cry though when you get a taste of your own medicine and act like... what did I do... I'm just joking with you. Own it or learn to communicate better. Calling some one son... who isn't your son... is usually not taken well. That's like me referring to some one older as pappy or some othe nonsense. Its rude and not how I operate.

I think I've been as honest as I can about things when I post. If some one would like to contact me feel free to. I'm not trying to hide any thing. If I made a mistake I will correct it. It is hard to read context in this format.

Thanks

They both seem like super nice guys but, I think they need to meet up at a stripes. Maybe have a couple of those hotdogs that roll around on that warmer all day and a tall boy while they talk it over. If y'all pick the one in Lampassas make sure not to sit on the curb on the north side there's tons of stickers on that grassy slope towards the creek. They'll get in your dogs paws and their a pain to get out. Hope y'all work it out.
Sounds good but we should probably have a safety meeting first. Those stickers could cause a infection ........... definitely going to need safety glass with those hotdogs.

When I was 14-16, my twin brother and I fenced 4 & 5 strand, 124 acres of raw woods here where I live now. Every roll of the old gaucho carried and unrolled on a pipe carried between us. If a tree was in the way, we carried a 2 man crosscut saw down the propertyline and cut it down.
Damn, Greybeard I'm getting all beat up just thinking about walking out 5 strands for 124 acres of woods...with each roll on a pipe walking in tree brush and then switching over to a crosscut saw. I'm currently fencing a 5 strands on 30 acres...one long side is completely dense wooded,,,hasn't seen footsteps-on any good upright fencing in there since 1960. I waded in poison ivy with chainsaw in hand... currently cutting down a 9 to 10 foot path for my truck to drive through. On another property I walked a few rolls by hand and with buddy last year....it was enough for me. I'll take the poison ivy skin itch and clean up trees and brush for 10 feet wide 2,000 feet long...just to roll it out by truck. I'm 58, we're not 14 to 16 anymore...and no way in hell can i find any 15 to 22 year olds to do that kind of hard physical work today. Hell, everyone's afraid of poison ivy too...can't find anyone to chainsaw it but myself. Real men just deal with it...6 days it's over with.

That's the kind of thing that turns boys into men. Every teenage should have to build a fence like that.

That's the kind of thing that turns boys into men. Every teenage should have to build a fence like that.
It's also the kind of thing that in the middle of wartime makes 2 teenage boys decide it might be easier to face the bullets instead of the seedticks and greenbriar....boy, wuz they ever wrong.

Latest posts