For Christmas, tell those that you love, that you do.

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
I have a cousin, younger than me, with terminal cancer. He is very brave, he is comfortable in his relationship with God and spreads the word. He has good family support. Knowing he may only have weeks left, he asked for this on his FB page, and I'm sharing it, for all of you to think about. You don't have to do Facebook -- you can call, send an email, a card, or just show up.

"Let's start something around Facebook between now and Christmas. It will be the ability to give everyone something that they want and need for Christmas. I am not a big, copy and repost kind of guy, but this one I would like to see how far it can go.

I challenge everyone to tell at least 5 different people each day that you love them. This can be in person, text, email, phone, etc. It is just important that it is expressed. There is 5 days until Christmas, which means 25 or more people can be blessed. The rule is that you have to actually love them, so it is for real. Everyone wants to know they are loved and deserves to hear it. It will also make the world a little nicer place."

I hope many of you shared, even though you may not have mentioned it. Merry Christmas -- or what ever you celebrate -- and wishing that you have a wonderful 2014. To all of you!

Kathy, I did share it and three of my friends shared it too.
I hope that you are having a Merry Christmas too.

I don;t do it just once a year, it should be a regular part of lifes routine. Years ago I knew a really wonderful lady, she had beat cancer 3 times before I met her. When things were going crappy and I was really down I would pop over and sit with her on a bench by her office and would walk away really invigorated and erady to take on any problem. I didn;t see her for about 6 months and one day I stopped by her office only to find out she had died the week before. That really hit me hard. So then and there I decided that the popel that were imnportant to me would know it and I would see them or at a minimum chat with them on a regular basis. Those that were older or in poor health I did it with more frequently. That was almost 30 years ago and I still do it. I don;t know that it means much to them but it sure makes me feel better. Doersn;t take long to stop by and howdy and shake. I consider it paying my respects to Frances, a really unbelievable person that helped make my life better.

This is really a topic that should help us all in several different way's. I'm sure as we spend even a little time with those that have and are fighting uphill battles we and they will all gain some big steps in life. It is really the way that we truly are the top end of the animal world .

He made his wish to get through Christmas. His family is amazing, and his wife tells us, "Everybody gets to a fork in the road moment in their life. What if you get there and could know just how each path would end? Would you chose the path that ends smooth and happy or the one that ends with heartache? Most would choose the smooth and happy, but I will tell you sometimes the path that ends in heartache is the one filled with so much happiness and love that you would short change yourself by not choosing it just because of the ending. Not all endings are happy but it's the story that gets you there that makes the path worthwhile."

That is profound!! Many comments followed, but I really liked this one:

"You have two choices, take the path on the right, which is the right path for you. Or, take the path on the left, which is the right path for you. No one can tell you what is right for you, only what is right for them. Follow your heart, and faith, and you will always be on the right one. P.S. Google maps doesn't help, already tried it . . . "

Rest in total peace!

Latest posts