For anyone interested in regenerative grazing (especially if you are in big country)

Help Support CattleToday:

Bob Kinford

Reaction score
Here is a link to a four part video on Instinctive Migratory Grazing (IMG) which allows you practice regenerative grazing without adding fences or needing full time herders.

I really enjoyed your videos. There is so much good info in there. As you were talking I found myself thinking back on instances where what you were describing had worked well for me. I use a school of hard knocks version with the cattle I handle. They can be very flighty or in the case of the Brahmans totally shut off on you. Your videos really highlighted some good techniques and things to be aware of.

You have some great quotes in there that would be worth listing individually. One that I'm a firm believer of is you said some thing to the effect of you are trying to communicate with the cattle. That is an important one for me. IMO if you can accept that one consempt it will totally open your eyes and mind to this method. A lot of the Brahman people will say you cant push a Brahman, which is true in a lot of cases. Ultimately, you have to learn to communicate to them what you would like them to do.

The other one that stuck out is where you had a slight misstep and because of the slow, relaxed state of the cow you could correct it. We have all seen those mistakes compound and get nasty when you add speed, and ego, and what ever else on top of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts