FOOT ROT

Help Support CattleToday:

> I THINK MY COW HAS FOOT ROT. FRONT
> LEG IS VERY TENDER. WHAT IS THE
> BEST WAY TO TREAT W/OUT A VET?

Have her checked,don't assume its footrot.There could be a foreign body, or a "stone bruise".In any case,a shot of nuflor would probably help.

[email protected]

The "tried and true" treatment for footrot in cattle is LA 200 and sulfa boluses per label instructions.

LA200 for footrot, Nuflor for lungs

dun

> Have her checked,don't assume its
> footrot.There could be a foreign
> body, or a "stone
> bruise".In any case,a shot of
> nuflor would probably help.

> LA200 for footrot, Nuflor for
> lungs

> dun

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What is Nuflor?

A. Nuflor is a fast-acting, long-lasting injectable antibiotic containing florfenicol, available only from Schering-Plough Animal Health Corp. It is highly effective in the treatment of bovine respiratory disease (also called BRD) and foot rot.

[email protected]

If it is foot rot, it will heal itself. No need to do anything, but be sure that is the problem, and not something else. I have about 215 head on 2500 acres of marsh on the Trinity River. Our cattle get it all the time.

> If it is foot rot, it will heal
> itself. No need to do anything,
> but be sure that is the problem,
> and not something else. I have
> about 215 head on 2500 acres of
> marsh on the Trinity River. Our
> cattle get it all the time.

I came across this older posting and didn't see an old-timer's remedy that we have good luck with. An old rancher friend of mine told me about this. We use household bleach and soak the foot with it a couple of days in a row. We also give a single of 10 cc LA 200. Some people say it is just the LA 200 but we get good results with just the bleach alone also.

[email protected]