Foot Improver?

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as an Angus bull who will improve feet?
I read that the Traveler line in Angus cattle had a reputation for bad feet. EXT was often crossed with Traveler lines.
Is that because EXT improved feet or had exceptional feet? Thanks.
I know I have read that Connealy Thunder has good feet. I think I also saw that Resource had good feet (not positive on Resource)

Ext and Traveler got crossed a lot as they were the two most popular lines of cattle at the time. Resource is showing to be a foot improver. I don't have experience with Thunder

Air gator":289isbu4 said:
Is there such a thing as an Angus bull who will improve feet?
I read that the Traveler line in Angus cattle had a reputation for bad feet. EXT was often crossed with Traveler lines.
Is that because EXT improved feet or had exceptional feet? Thanks.
I know I have read that Connealy Thunder has good feet. I think I also saw that Resource had good feet (not positive on Resource)

The one Thunder daughter I have seen is nice but crazy as heck. I'd never breed to him after meeting that thing. All the other calves were good except that one..

I have a Thunder son. His second calves have been coming for couple weeks now. Kept several daughters last year. I can't find a negative thing to say about him or them.

Pinebank Angus in New Zealand have been ruthlessly culling for feet issues for 60 years in an almost entirely closed herd. Because of the stacked gene's from so much closed herd breeding, I would say that a Pinebank bull would clean up foot issues faster than anything domestic that has not been closed. Plus, you get fertility, efficiency, and a very favorable weaning percentage on the dams. Every bull i've raised by them has had flawless feet.

Latest posts