Foot and Mouth Insanity

Help Support CattleToday:

ETF

Reaction score
Have they lost their minds? It appears likely that the foot and mouth research center will be moved from an isolated island off New York to the mainland. The five possible locations are:

Manhattan, Kansas
Athens, Georgia
Butner, North Carolina
San Antonio, Texas and
Flora, Mississippi.

Britain had two outbreaks from their research center in the past decade. A single case on the mainland would shut down the entire US cattle industry and someone thinks this is a good idea? Heaven help us.

The entire article is here:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350135,00.html

Have they lost their minds?
Yes they have. They put that research station out on that island for a reason. But that was in the days when thought processes were reasonable. They seem to think they're above it all. We're on a jet, piloted by mad men. Wish us luck.

This is the crazist idea I've heard in a long time. High fuel prices and fertilizer prices and everything else. I guess the want to destroy all livestock markets in the US and Exports Markets. Hold on Ladies and Gentlemen Ranching is on its way down the tubes if this happens.

I agree :shock: A foot and mouth outbreak in the USA would make the "mad cow" thing look like a walk in the park.

Earl Thigpen":tet1lvdp said:
Is this the same thing as "Hoof and Mouth"?

It seems some years back, I didn;t get the memo, that they started calling it foot instead of hoof. Have no idea why or when

dun":marbfn3a said:
Earl Thigpen":marbfn3a said:

It seems some years back, I didn;t get the memo, that they started calling it foot instead of hoof. Have no idea why or when

Yup, I noticed the change to. It does in fact involve more then the hoof.

dun":27zmh8t2 said:
Earl Thigpen":27zmh8t2 said:

Yup, I noticed the change to. It does in fact involve more then the hoof.

I just read about that in an article in the Ky Cattlemens Association newsletter. Some politician from Kansas is trying to get them to put it there. He said it was a good idea and that it would create jobs. :roll:

Latest posts