Foods that require condiments to be palatable

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
I do not have an aversion to condiments , I use mayo and mustard on sandwiches , Ketchup on HB and Hotdogs. Salsa On Mexican food and I even put A-1 on my baked potato . I do however think if the meat you are eating requires a sauce or condiment you really should learn to cook better or frequent better restaurants. GRAVY is not a sauce or condiment BTW

You are talking primarily about a good beef steak. Grilled on fire is best, salt, black or white pepper, maybe a touch of garlic butter, and it suits me fine.

I do like horseradish, mostly with prime rib.

HDRider":q2fs6oxt said:
You are talking primarily about a good beef steak. Grilled on fire is best, salt, black or white pepper, maybe a touch of garlic butter, and it suits me fine.

I do like horseradish, mostly with prime rib.

x2, If you have to put sauce on your steak it aint much pumpkin although I do like to dip my prime rib in homemade au jus.

M-5":1s1vkl92 said:
I talking about , cubed steak, roast, chicken, pork, deer . Meat in general. HeII I tell the woman at mickyd's I don't need a sauce for chicken nuggets.
Them chicken pills were made for no reason other than keeping sauce off your fingers.

There are lots of things that need something to make them edible. Tofu and chicken come to mind, but I've never found anything that works on either of them. I'll admit I haven;t eaten tofu in 40-50 years but I doubt it's improved. I have tried chicken, but it still isn;t anything I would eat if given a choice.

I think you're looking at it wrong. It's not that some foods need condiments to be palatable, it's that they're better with them than without. To use HDRider's example, prime rib is certainly palatable with nothing on it except the seasoning added in the cooking process, but it's even better with some horseradish. French fries are palatable with nothing on them, but they're better with ketchup.

I can eat about any of the above mentioned without any condiments, but add condiments to enhance the taste. Mustard and onions on hot dogs. ketchup, lettuce and onion on cheese burgers. Butter on Bake tators, those I won't eat without something on them (so those I need something added to make them palatable). As a side note I like a slice of raw potatoe with just a little salt. Most fish need tarter sauce, but not required. No tarter for Salmon and Steelhead, just butter and pepper...maybe a touch of salt.

dun":2rkeaaoa said:
There are lots of things that need something to make them edible. Tofu and chicken come to mind, but I've never found anything that works on either of them. I'll admit I haven;t eaten tofu in 40-50 years but I doubt it's improved. I have tried chicken, but it still isn;t anything I would eat if given a choice.

blasphemy... You don't eat chicken ???????????? :shock: :shock:

HDRider":c6j3spzj said:
Said by a man that won't eat chicken and dumplings....
I eat wild turkey and dumplings. Problem is that;s only in the spring

HDRider":1de91xkf said:
Said by a man that won't eat chicken and dumplings....

Hey I don't eat anything that has " dump " in the name :yuck: However, Chicken especially fried chicken stands no chance while im around 8)

Ribs - gots to have me some bbq sauce on ribs..... sweet, tangy, mild or hot.
Yes, dry rubs are good too.... but love me a good bbq sauce
Yes, I liked the sauerkraut and ribs my mother use to make
But If I don't have some sauce on my shirt after eating ribs something just seems to be missing from the experience.

Hotdogs - grilled until slightly burned and split with mustard and some diced onion

Fried Fish - lemon and tarter sauce

Lamb Chops - mint jelly on the side

Latest posts