Food Poisoning

Help Support CattleToday:

Week ago Sunday I went to a BBQ for the birthday of a 95 year old neighbor. Spent Monday and Tuesday either sitting on or hugging the toilet. So did about half the people who were at the BBQ. Turned out there is a bad stomach bug going around. A friend's wife who teaches had 12 of 24 kids out on Monday. The Keating school was shut down a couple of days that week before. Several kids at the BBQ go to school in Keating. Not food poisoning. A very contagious bug.

Dad and my sister are just fine, but they didn't eat any of canned cream, I did. I'm thinking it sit out to long.

Hope you get better soon. That's rough I've had a few bouts of it over the years.
The worst time was when I got some bad apple cider from an area orchard. It wasn't pasteurized and the refrigerator they had it in went down. I knew as soon as I tasted it that it wasn't good and it didn't take but just a small amount to make me extremely sick.
We went to a cookout at some friends house last Saturday. That night my wife was feeling bad like she had eaten something. I didn't have any issues, and we came up with that she had eaten a dressed egg and I did not, was the only difference. I started to, as I like them but decided against eating one.
She was ok by the next day thankfully.

Hope you get better soon. That's rough I've had a few bouts of it over the years.
The worst time was when I got some bad apple cider from an area orchard. It wasn't pasteurized and the refrigerator they had it in went down. I knew as soon as I tasted it that it wasn't good and it didn't take but just a small amount to make me extremely sick.
We went to a cookout at some friends house last Saturday. That night my wife was feeling bad like she had eaten something. I didn't have any issues, and we came up with that she had eaten a dressed egg and I did not, was the only difference. I started to, as I like them but decided against eating one.
She was ok by the next day thankfully.
Dressed egg??

Deviled egg?

My mom called deviled eggs Indian eggs when I was a little kid. She was trying to get me to eat the white part but I just licked out the stuffing. Never could stand the tasteless rubbery white part, still can't.

I'm not so sure I have food poisoning anymore. I still have it. Maybe I picked up something from my calves that I treated for scours on Saturday. I took some of the same stuff that I treated my calves with. A couple years ago I had got it, but much worse; even went to the doctor for it but what they gave me didn't help. Ended up heeding my vets advice and that Diabac that uses to treat calves for scours and it worked.

Latest posts