Food plot

Help Support CattleToday:

papavillars

Reaction score
Just filled in a gas well water pit . I am going to make a food plot out of it. What do you suggest for it. It's in a great location.

Oats and crimson clover.
And as big as reasonable. Imo the little bitty food plots are pretty useless unless you fence them off until they get up good. I like at least a couple acres in size.

I would maybe wait a little later unless you water. With heat and little rain it may come up and perish. Was the pit dry of water?

Yes it has been filled in for ten years but had settled to large holes. I graded it off and smoothed it. Not able to water it. It is only an acre in size. Thanks for the replies. I plan on keeping this plot year round.

papavillars":1j17m5fj said:
Yes it has been filled in for ten years but had settled to large holes. I graded it off and smoothed it. Not able to water it. It is only an acre in size. Thanks for the replies. I plan on keeping this plot year round.

I keep a couple of one acre food plots going year around here.
Due to our environment I have found they prefer the long narrow food plots here. It being so thick here the deer are just too uncomfortable in the open.

Latest posts