Food/Must See's in East TX

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Might be passing through the Trenton/Paris/Greenville/Texarkana area in the next couple weeks and was curious if there's any local hole-in-the-wall restaurants or stockyards that are worth visiting.

Thanks.

cfpinz":3jxodvb8 said:
Might be passing through the Trenton/Paris/Greenville/Texarkana area in the next couple weeks and was curious if there's any local hole-in-the-wall restaurants or stockyards that are worth visiting.

Thanks.

In Greenville there's a little hamburger place named CB's Sandwich Shop. It's located just south of downtown on Wesley St. This place serves the absolute best hamburger to be found in this area. They still have a bar and swivel stools to sit and very few tables. Other than CB's there are no places I'm aware of that fit your description.

If you are in Paris Wed thru Sat stop and eat at the Paris Livestock Auction in Reno, Tx. It's a couple miles East of Paris on Hwy 82, you'll be glad you did. Great food and a nice salebarn.

Nothing wrong with Paris it's a nice town. You can also go see the Eifel Tower with the big cowboy hat on top while you're here too.

hurleyjd":3sd1005l said:
Terry's Place
4217 Moulton St, Greenville, TX 75401-5843

Bubba Burger. Beats the heck out of CBs

Isn't Terry's Place relatively new? I've not made it there yet so I don't know about it.

Lucky":tzdeoxnd said:
Caustic Burno":tzdeoxnd said:
cfpinz":tzdeoxnd said:
Thanks, everyone.

What makes the Paris area so inhospitable?

For some reason it has a higher
crime rate than most of the state.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tx/paris/crime

Fake News. I don't think any of NE Texas has an above avg crime rate. Not sure what goes into those statistics.

They only rank number 9 of 20 beat by Texarkana and Lufkin.
http://kicks105.com/the-top-twenty-most ... -in-texas/

RanchMan90":1t8rya8l said:
TexasBred":1t8rya8l said:
Sulfur Springs has a big sale barn. Use to sell on Thursdays. Haven't been in years.
On Monday now. One of the biggest weigh cow sales and doodler run I've been too.
They used to sell on 2 different days didn't they? One day for dairy and another day for everything else?

greybeard":3uipbe2p said:
RanchMan90":3uipbe2p said:
TexasBred":3uipbe2p said:
Sulfur Springs has a big sale barn. Use to sell on Thursdays. Haven't been in years.
On Monday now. One of the biggest weigh cow sales and doodler run I've been too.
They used to sell on 2 different days didn't they? One day for dairy and another day for everything else?

Last beef sale was 1196 head
Last diary sale was 100 head

Latest posts