Food Inflation

Help Support CattleToday:

I think the workers that are making $15/hr at fast food franchises are in for a rude awakening when they begin to be replaced with more automation and technology. No more will they be paying $15/hr for someone to take you order, instead you will enter it yourself on their app or on a touchscreen at the drive through. You will pay by credit or debit card, swipe it yourself, so no employees are handling money. Add a few more machines and then all you need is one worker that keeps the burgers loaded in the machine ready to drop on the grill. Then those unemployed workers will be the responsibility of the government (via the taxpayers) to care for and provide for. Next step is we need to raise taxes to cover it all. Politicians don't seem to understand economics or don't care.
No - they will all be writing the code for the machines. Er, that was what Brandon said the oil pipeline workers could be retrained to do after he pulled the plug on Keystone XL.

Wonder why California has the highest unemployment rate in the country. Idiotic policies like "fight for 15" lead directly to it. Oh...and check out what McDonalds does when the minimum wage goes up...automation! - In 2013, McDonald's had 35,429 locations, a net income of $5,586 million and 440,000 employees. In 2019, it had 38,695 locations (more locations!), a net income of $6025 million (more profit!), and 205,000 employees (less than half as many employees!).

If you receive one dollar every second that's $3,600 an hour.

Receiving one dollar every SECOND, you would have to go back more than 918,973 YEARS to collect enough money to pay the national debt.

That's pretty impressive considering Jesus Christ was here only 2,100 years ago.

The first recorded history of civilization was only 3,500 years ago. The oldest known cave painting or anything of that nature was done no more than 35,000 years ago.
918,973 years of $3,600 an hour every hour, 24/7, 365.

The average person out there flips their lid and goes into full scale panic when gas goes up a buck. Not sure if anyone has done the math on that but it's about $100-120 a month for the avg 2 car family. Honestly not a huge deal, more of an out of pocket shocker at the pump. This deal going on with food and everyday items is a different story though. It's ridiculous how much nearly every item has gone up across the board. It's really easy to cut back on the amount you drive but you've gotta eat and buy everyday items. Every item I've bought in the last few months has gone up substantially welding rods, steel, gravel, fuel, food, clothes and everything else. The worst part is it's all unnecessary and a waste. The man in the corner office can't spell his name and we're all paying for it. Now he wants to tax the billionaires on unrealized gains. If that passes we'll be next. I guess there's no end to the things they'll tax.

I run a fleet of service autos and we are up $1200 a month more in fuel since knucklehead got in office

The first recorded history of civilization was only 3,500 years ago. The oldest known cave painting or anything of that nature was done no more than 35,000 years ago.
older
The walls of the almost 275 meters followed by the visitor, where the majority of these artistic expressions are distributed, exemplify the techniques, themes and graphic resources used by the artists of the Upper Paleolithic to express a part of their way of thinking. At present this cave have the most ancient paleolithic art of the world of at least 40 800 years of antiquity.

Horses, bison, doe, aurochs, stags, goats, a mammoth, etc., are part of the catalogue of animal figures, a varied bestiary representing some of the animals that lived alongside man. References to the human figure are numerous although cut short, expressed by hand, and with over 50 in this cave, they are a special motif.

Right or wrong, the buck is supposed to stop at the top..
If energy prices drop, any given administration will take credit for it but if (when) they rise, nothing but crickets heard...
Things you will never see..
ididthat.jpg

I think the workers that are making $15/hr at fast food franchises are in for a rude awakening when they begin to be replaced with more automation and technology. No more will they be paying $15/hr for someone to take you order, instead you will enter it yourself on their app or on a touchscreen at the drive through. You will pay by credit or debit card, swipe it yourself, so no employees are handling money. Add a few more machines and then all you need is one worker that keeps the burgers loaded in the machine ready to drop on the grill. Then those unemployed workers will be the responsibility of the government (via the taxpayers) to care for and provide for. Next step is we need to raise taxes to cover it all. Politicians don't seem to understand economics or don't care.

True.
If it requires an app or a touchscreen to order, credit or debit card I just go somewhere else. Than again I don't eat fast food. Same with buying fuel, staying at a hotel, everything.

True.
If it requires an app or a touchscreen to order, credit or debit card I just go somewhere else. Than again I don't eat fast food. Same with buying fuel, staying at a hotel, everything.
I usually pay for everything in cash but the last few years I have to use my debit card to get a motel room even if I'm paying cash.

I usually pay for everything in cash but the last few years I have to use my debit card to get a motel room even if I'm paying cash.

Just play really dumb like you don't have one....tell them you have a health insurance card, car insurance, a driver license, a Kroger reward or whatever card, ect. haha Ask if you can just do a cash deposit. It normally always works. Half the time they don't even require us to do a deposit. If they do we always get it right back the next morning. Reason I do this, we travel alot (travel even more before children) we have gotten letter were hotels had leaks in their systems said our credit card information and all may have gotten out. I've had fraud twice, one time years ago. Whoever did it opened more credit cards in my name and did a cash transfer to another card credit. They were buying ridiculous amounts of stuff. Lucky the police contacted me and put a stop to that. The credit card fraud to over a year to get straight out. The credit card company both wanted to say it was the other credit card company fraud responsibility. It was just a huge mess. Very stressful.
The other time I had fraud on my bank account... it kind of humorous but really pisses me off. It was for a cellular company $150 something like that in Washington state and around $200 for weave. It should the website on the account where the charge was. I called my bank... bank I had been going to for many years the lady knew me. She got very rude with me after looking up the charges told me she didn't know if I wasn't just saying I didn't make the charges. She could file the fraud papers. I like having being a customer to the bank for 10 plus years and the lady know me she could have handled it differently. She is right she didn't know if I didn't do it myself. With my history at the bank, that didn't make sense. Why would I pay a cellular company in Washington or buy weave. I have hair to my butt. That doesn't make sense. The bank wouldn't close the account for 4 months which doing the fraud investigation. That didn't make sense. Afterwards they kept giving me the run around about close my accounts.
It's had to say fraud on cash, unless it's Monopoly money.

Latest posts