Food for Thought

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
James Madison said that if tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. I've thought about this and I think of the War on Drugs. Remember that one? We have spent $1 trillion on this one and the feds are currently spending $1700 per second fighting this war to keep us safe. Are there any less drugs on the street today than there were 25 years ago? What have we accomplished? To protect us from the drug lords we are now forced to 1099 every single person we write a check to over $600. Without permission you cannot possess more than $10,000 in cash. You cannot cash checks without being reported to the IRS over a certain amount. So as I see it we have less privacy and less freedom and are forced to use banks in trade for what? More drugs?

Now there is the War on Terror. Who knows what this is going to cost us. And to protect us from these so called terrorists, our phones are tapped, federal troops are policing the land, our privacy can be invaded without a warrant. we have one more government agency and what has this got us? Less freedom, more intrusion, more bureaucracy.

Do you think James Madison knew what he was talking about?

The bureaucracy is expanding, to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy!

I totally agree with you Jog... The thing is that all these institutions start out with a "Noble cause", but then become completely self-serving.. the FDA is one example, DHS another, among scores of others.

I wish I had known you when I had my old job and was in Macon lots, we could have had some interesting conversations in a coffee shop :)

pdfangus":24otq99s said:
don't forget the war on poverty....that one is working out real nicely too....

That is the 800 pound gorilla in the room.
The people it was supposed to help have become enslaved and are too stupid to see it. The true irony is people actually defend the actions of this program. We have destroyed the family with this war have raised the illiterate rate, drug usage, children out of wedlock, murder rate and reduced morals of society. Read some of Star Parker's writings she is one of the few that have escaped.
The only one winning this war sits in a chair at 1600 Pennsylvanian Ave has 545 elected helpers along with the appointed elite.
Tyranny is alive and well.

Latest posts