Fly tags

Help Support CattleToday:

Diehard40

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Avenger fly tags and if so how well (or not) did they work?
thanks

Used some last year. They "appear" to work as well as any but I can't swear that I see real results out of ANY fly tag.

i used avenger last yr and i guess they worked but i also had rubs up and sprayed them about every 10 days so kinda hard to really know what was working.i still seen plenty of flys on em,but flys were real bad last yr and alot of pinkeye.hope not to have to deal with it so much this yr.already used 20/20 on the whole herd.

We are trying fly tags for the first time this year. Usually we just keep a rub up. Don't know what brand they are, the vet had them on the truck and offered them since we were running everything thru anyway. All I can tell ya is they are green and cost $2 per head. We'll see if they make any difference.

Last year I swapped to the Double Barrel fly tags. It is good to change things up. I was pleased with those results. I ran out and recently bought another 100

We always just put out rubs and if things got really bad we would coral the cattle and use a hand sprayer. Got tired of all that messing around so we decided to try fly tags a couple years back. Used Avenger tags and while there were still flies, the number was acceptable to us and haven't put out a rub or used the hand sprayer since. Granted we likely don't have the fly pressure that many have in the more humid climates. We used a Y-tex tag last year and they seemed to do equally as well as Avenger.

Latest posts