fly tags

Help Support CattleToday:

tm_bk20

Reaction score
my vet and I are going to work my first year heifers this weekend, we dicussed putting fly tags in, he told me that the flys in this area was immuned to them unless they came out with a new tag this year, said I would be wasting my money. My farther inlaw used to raise cattle several years ago and gave me a gallon bottle of lintox he said the best he could remember it worked fairly well, just wondering if anyone has ever used this product and how long will it keep the flys off. or maybe you can tell me what you use and whats its affect. also I want to thank everyone that responded to my last post. Beings I'm a newbie and all I figured no one would even respond and before I knew what hit me I had 19 or 20 all very good advise.

tm_bk20,

This is an item that you may wish to discuss with your local extension agent. I would assume you are referring to the face/horn flies.

There seems to be concern that what works in one area...may not necessarly be the best in another area. Also talk with the co-op/TS type guy. Usually those guys are up on the latest for your area. We use ear tags and rubs for the animals which works very well.

Just some thoughts.

I use Lintox myself. I put it on the backrubs. I treat them about once a week. It does a pretty good job if you start using it early in the season. If the flies get bad before treatment, nothing seems to work.

Bama":26p8lmjj said:
I use Lintox myself. I put it on the backrubs. I treat them about once a week. It does a pretty good job if you start using it early in the season. If the flies get bad before treatment, nothing seems to work.

Im thinking if the fly tags are not working or not doing a good job I might as well use the lintox beings it was a freebie. the fly are not to bad yet but they seem to have more and more everyday. besides that it will give me something to do every saturday.

Latest posts