Fly control.

Help Support CattleToday:

bobrammer

Reaction score
I've got more flies than I need this year. What are you guys / gals finding most effective in controlling the darn things? Thanks!

bobrammer":vhh27fti said:
I've got more flies than I need this year. What are you guys / gals finding most effective in controlling the darn things? Thanks!
Been to cool up here for them to be bad yet...I use Rubs, and IGR Minerals. Seem to do the trick.I have a neighbor that uses Corral dust/ bags, but Cattle went in his pond and killed all his Fish.

spraying them about once a week with a hand sprayer seems to use less product and gives them better relief than a full dose once a month.

I hang a dust bag for the cows. Cows and calves both given Dexto injectable, and calves recieve a Double Barrel VP in the ear. (Decto inj will help w/ horn flies for appx 30 days)

Seems to help quite a bit. They say the key is to use multiple methods.

We have been very satisified with using a generic ivomec product about the 15th of april and then using pour ons every month there after. Saber works very well. We try to alternate the types of pour ons based on the active ingredient. Hopefully this will reduce the chances of resistance. We also use cattle mineral with IGR starting on the first of Mar.

Latest posts