Fly Control-Minerals with IGR???

Help Support CattleToday:

kucala5":m4sdg1ck said:
cowgirl8":m4sdg1ck said:
kucala5":m4sdg1ck said:
We had good luck with Purina Wind and Rain w/fly control last year and have it out now.
Thats what we are using. If its working i sure would hate to see how the flies would be without it.. :eek:
We start using it before the temps go up so it has time to cycle through. Sure beats spraying. We will know this year if it was a fluke, but last year there was a noticeable difference. Fingers crossed! (NO flies at this time)
June 2nd and still the flies are nearly nonexistent. However, the ticks are plentiful.

kucala5":25frea31 said:
However, the ticks are plentiful.
Boy, aint that the truth. On me it's the tiny little seed ticks, I'm about ready to drizzle some frontline down my back!

all the bugs are out here in full force....ticks, flies, may flies, horse flies, mosquitos, gnats,

so much for the old wives tale of a hard winter killing back the bugs....I think they spent the winter snuggled up and breeding....

dun":99y8uqmc said:
kucala5":99y8uqmc said:
However, the ticks are plentiful.
Boy, aint that the truth. On me it's the tiny little seed ticks, I'm about ready to drizzle some frontline down my back!
Ditto here Dun!!! I never get seed ticks, but this year I have pulled 3 off me! The cattle have them attached to their rectums... The bigger ticks. Seems to be a bad year for ticks!

I use PVm tubs with Igr . I use the non Igr in the winter . It won't get rid of all flies but it cuts them down enough they aren't causing a problem .