Fly Control Alternative to Wind and Rain or Justifly

Help Support CattleToday:

If you will add approx. 1 lbs of garlic powder to 50 lbs. of mineral of your choice, you will cut horn fly and face fly population way way down. Been there, still doing it.

Wind and Rain with Fly Control contains 0.014% S-Methoprene, according to the label. I understand there are other salt and mineral benefits to Wind and Rain with Fly Control but you can buy minerals for less than $10 per 50 lbs. Wind and Rain with Fly Control costs $47.99 per 50lbs at my local TSC. That extra $37.99 can be attributed to the minuscule amount(0.007 lbs) of actual IGR fly control product. Although I didn't include the value of the minerals in my original post, IGR is still pretty expensive by the pound.
Altosid 0.4% which is used in the manufacturer of Purina and other fly control mineral is $3.00 per pound.

I think this is the one a person would use to mix with a bag of mineral. Same company makes the clarifly product as well.

And some technical information and a listing of their various products.

Attachments

• Altosid IGR Small Packs Sell Sheet.pdf
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Altosid IGR Technical Information.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
I bought Purina W&R high mag with fly control P96623 today at local Co-Op for $30.30 per 50 pounds .
Seems like a lot of price difference

I bought Purina W&R high mag with fly control P96623 today at local Co-Op for $30.30 per 50 pounds .
Seems like a lot of price difference
I use to get Altosid 2.00% but the company quit shipping it. Even had to take an online orientation sort of thing before they would even sell it. Now the .4% is all I can get. It's $154.00 for a 50 lb. bag, or $3.85 of product in each bag of mineral. IGR mineral should be about $5.00 per bag higher than the same mineral without it.

Latest posts