Fly block in loose minerals?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kell-inKY

Reaction score
Another dumb newbie question. First year of using this, I had been using the blocks with Rabon and they eat those like candy which gets very expensive. So I bought the loose mineral with fly block in it this year.

They eat so little of this compared to the "candy" block, I guess this is normal though?

My question, is there enough salt in the mineral to take the salt block away? I always thought you needed both, but if it keeps them from eating enough of the loose, then maybe I need to remove it? I was thinking they put just enough salt in the mineral to make it palatable?

Read the instructions on the mineral bag. Some call for additional salt, some don;t

Told you it was a dumb question. They did hide it on the back of the tag in tiny letters way down the list of instructions, said to remove all other self limiting nutritional supplements, I assume all means all, problem solved thanks.

Kell-inKY":3uzn4xhi said:
Told you it was a dumb question.

Nope, not a dumb question.

They did hide it on the back of the tag in tiny letters way down the list of instructions,

At least you looked at the tag. Many don't even look at the tag, let alone actually read the instrucions.

Better to ask in order to do the right thing rather than not ask and do the wrong thing.

Latest posts