Fly bait

Help Support CattleToday:

M.Magis

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a "potent" fly bait? Either I'm doing something wrong or Golden Marlin isn't what it used to be. I have a serious issue here that requires using all methods of elimination.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the most important thing. My problem pests have four legs instead of wings. I tried Bayer as well, but so far haven't seen any results. I've been expecting to start smelling something, but nothing so far.

Coons. Lost 11 chickens in three days this week. For a few days when I shined a light in the back yard there were eyes everywhere. Between trapping and shooting I've killed around 10 this week, but I know that's not nearly all of them. A lot of the ones I saw were cubs, and I've only shot one of those so far. They've eaten about half a can of Golden Marlin bait and a healthy dose of Bayer, haven't found a dead one yet.

M-5":fhz0kng1 said:
M.Magis":fhz0kng1 said:
Well, down to 2 roosters and 2 hens now. Had 21 a week ago. They just keep coming.
you sure you don't have a fox problem ????
No, they're tearing holes in the old OSB walls of the shed/coop where the chickens are locked up each night. It seems to be multiple family groups, though I've killed a couple families so far.
I'll try mixing the bait up stronger tonight, along with more traps.

skyhightree1":mjbs9wad said:
jehosofat":mjbs9wad said:
I don't get along with coons of any variety.

Jehosofat tell me what are the varieties of coons you are speaking of inquiring minds want to know?

Little ones, big ones, any of em. Destructive little basturds.

jehosofat":25svfksm said:
skyhightree1":25svfksm said:
jehosofat":25svfksm said:
I don't get along with coons of any variety.

Jehosofat tell me what are the varieties of coons you are speaking of inquiring minds want to know?

Crawfish...

M.Magis":3386piqx said:
Can anyone suggest a "potent" fly bait? Either I'm doing something wrong or Golden Marlin isn't what it used to be. I have a serious issue here that requires using all methods of elimination.

Ramik or similar bar ratbait will kill your "flies"..

callmefence":2tsr1k1v said:
jehosofat":2tsr1k1v said:
skyhightree1":2tsr1k1v said:

Crawfish...

Lol. Haven't seen you post in so long thought you left the country.

We mixed some bait from Boomgars along with antifreeze, poured into aluminum pie pans (they like the shine) after those flies removed over 100 gates off our pipes.

2 days later, crop adjuster paid us a visit and called to let us know he counted 40+ dead flies during his walk through field.

Latest posts