Flu

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
I've got the flu and while it wasn't fun it wasn't all that terrible like many would have you believe. I ran a 102 fever for 2 1/2 days and now it's gone. I never take meds to control the fever as I believe it's the natural way to fight the infection in your body. Anyway, anyone else have it yet. It's been a three day ordeal and the fever just broke during the early morning hours and hasn't returned. Still feel sluggish & weak but overall not near as bad as what we see on the news reports. Oh well.

Yup me too. Have had the swine thing all week. Slowed me down some. actually about half pace. I take whatever to make me get along. Stuff is there to help why not take it? 3 night time NyQuil before bed then 3 daytime in the morning. [generic] :cowboy: no need to spend money at the clinic. IMO. Got a lot better the last couple days. :welcome:

mnmtranching":30nlwz6l said:
Yup me too. Have had the swine thing all week. Slowed me down some. actually about half pace. I take whatever to make me get along. Stuff is there to help why not take it? 3 night time NyQuil before bed then 3 daytime in the morning. [generic] :cowboy: no need to spend money at the clinic. IMO. Got a lot better the last couple days. :welcome:
I took my youngest Daughter to the doc today and she has H1N1 dident give her anything for it said bed rest unless she got worse.

rattler

It's making the round where I work. Four teachers out yesterday. That's out of 16. Small school...

tncattle":284v802m said:
I've got the flu and while it wasn't fun it wasn't all that terrible like many would have you believe. I ran a 102 fever for 2 1/2 days and now it's gone. I never take meds to control the fever as I believe it's the natural way to fight the infection in your body. Anyway, anyone else have it yet. It's been a three day ordeal and the fever just broke during the early morning hours and hasn't returned. Still feel sluggish & weak but overall not near as bad as what we see on the news reports. Oh well.

No I have not gotten it yet. I am scheduled in the coming weeks to get a regular flu shot and as soon as swine flu shot becomes available around here Im going to get it to.

rattler":ek0za8ma said:
mnmtranching":ek0za8ma said:
I took my youngest Daughter to the doc today and she has H1N1 dident give her anything for it said bed rest unless she got worse.

rattler

Around cheer they are giving tamiflu if caught within 24 hours or some drug called relenza. Seems to put a dent in the flu.

i had a bad case of the flu years ago when the dairy was running.an i sure didnt get over it in 3 days.took me more like 3wks.but i was working sick when i had to over the 2wks.an its a killer to work with the flu.an i sure dont want the hogg flu.

I'm glad to hear all you guys aren't fairing too bad with the flu. My mom started feeling bad sat. morning and has been in the hospital since yesterday afternoon. Good news is she is getting better though. No word whether its H1N1 or just regular flu, it really doesn't matter though.

Had a kid die from that this week--their saying "underlying conditons",but they never say what that might be.

tncattle":3csj7w3m said:
Well, I jumped the gun--fever is back.

Go slow. Getting back to work before you are well is a good way to get something else like scarlet fever or rhumatic fever.

I got the flue two weeks ago Thursday. About 7 days of fever and all that. Still coughing, and just generally not worth much. If you think you are getting it, get treatment in the first couple of days. I didn't , and am paying the price.

Any kind of flu isn't anything to play with!! Drink lots of fluids and deligate or put off as many jobs as you can-they'll still be there when you get back..

I wound up with H1N1 on the first run through here. Back in May if I am remembering correctly. It flat kicked my tail. When it was over, I weighed less than I weighed at 14 years old.

I stepped on the scales at the recycling place where we sell our cans (I don't make enough for it to be worth the trouble but I never toss an aluminum can on habit/principle) and I am lighter now than I have been at any time since 1993......or I am getting cheated on the cans. :shock:

A student in Mother's class is out with the Flu and the teacher across the hall has it(and they aren't alone) so it has probably finally arrived.

backhoeboogie":2ekcc2al said:
I wound up with H1N1 on the first run through here. Back in May if I am remembering correctly. It flat kicked my tail. When it was over, I weighed less than I weighed at 14 years old.

I could stand to lose 25 pounds or so :lol:

grannysoo":38ml5cpu said:
backhoeboogie":38ml5cpu said:

I could stand to lose 25 pounds or so :lol:

Right go on the swine flu diet

Latest posts