Flu

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4":2gln3db8 said:
Had a kid die from that this week--their saying "underlying conditons",but they never say what that might be.

I have never seen a case where they claim flu was why the person died that there was not underlying conditions. Not saying it never happens but basically health people do not die from the flu. Almost if not always the deaths we hear about are because of other bad health problems that the flu aggravated. Also they lump pneumonia and flu into same category along with other medical problems so the figures we see are skewed as to flu deaths!

It's up in this area. Doctor told me yesterday, young children and pregnant women are seeing the worst effects from it.

I know we had six official cases where I work and we were sending kids home all day. Several teachers out with it. Lordie, I don't want it. I've been cleaning up my own room so I know it got done. Hand sanitizers, lysol, all that stuff. I am getting a flu vaccine next week. Hope it isn't too late.

We've been discussing it recently in my virology class - discussed H1N1 today - my prof. feels all us college kids should get the swine flu shot as well as a regular flu shot because HE doesn't want to get sick. :lol2:

Deaths from the regular flu do usually occur as a result of secondary (bacterial) infection, deaths from the H1N1 swine flu (similar to the 1918 influenza) can occur as a result of the initial viral infection b/c of the extreme inflammatory response created. Pretty interesting, I'd rather not catch the swine flu version myself though.

If you've got anybody that is pregnant or thinks they might be pregnant,get them to get vaccinated!!! This stuff is hitting pregnant women hard... They need 2 flu shots and the pnemonia shot!!

Latest posts