Flu shot

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
I've never had one. Never had the flu either. Dr says I should get one for the benefit of others unless I live in the woods and don't have contact w other folks....I didn't tell her I do live in the woods;). Do y'all get a flu shot? Thanks in advance.

never had one. I have had the flu but it was years ago. They say they don't make you sick but everyone I know that gets one gets sick.

Got one once. It made me sick. Actually sicker than I ever have been from the flu so I figured I would just skip the shot and go with having the flu instead.

We don't. Many immunizations are made with the cells from 2 aborted fetuses from the 60's. They just keep replicating them. Coupled with the fact that even WHO Can't answer why some kids get killed as a reaction, some develop autism, etc...I'm not a fan of them. It's akin I requiring bangs vaccine for every cow in the county when there's only been a handful of cases in the last 29 years and most are in a small percentage of the country.

snake67":1t1r4lgy said:
I get so many needles each year that one more never hurts

Have had the flu and have had the flu shot - but never had the flu after a flu shot.

Never been sick from it either

After some of the places I go - I am a believer.

Best to all

Bez
To be fair though bez, youre going to places that haven never Seen vaccination so the risk is exponentially higher. In modern society there is usually more risk in the shots than there is in contracting whatever your being vaccinated for.
It's all about calculating your risk

hooknline":38s08unz said:
snake67":38s08unz said:
I get so many needles each year that one more never hurts

Have had the flu and have had the flu shot - but never had the flu after a flu shot.

Never been sick from it either

After some of the places I go - I am a believer.

Best to all

Bez
To be fair though bez, youre going to places that haven never Seen vaccination so the risk is exponentially higher. In modern society there is usually more risk in the shots than there is in contracting whatever your being vaccinated for.
It's all about calculating your risk

Interestng thought Hook - but you are in Florida - you get to the big cities in the north, there are some very serious flu epidemics in those cities in the winter. Risk in warm climates for flu is far less than in cold climates - especially cold and wet climates.

As for traveling - yeah, you would not believe how thick my vaccination booklet is - when I present it to newbs at the various health clinics their eyes usually widen when they see it. Typhoid, yellow fever, cholera, meningitis, diphtheria, hepatitis, tetanus, polio, rabies, encephalitis, malaria and probably more.

The only ones that ever made me sick were cholera and I was weak as a kitten for about three days, and the "pre-exposure rabies" is what I think it is called - made me sick every time I got it - three to a series if I remember right.

You could dip me in your septic tank with an open cut and I would likely come out fine. In fact, I have been there once! LOL

The risk to taking a flu shot is minimal - often people actually are on their way to being sick with a cold or the flu when they get the shot and then blame the flu shot for the problem.

Statistically speaking, with millions of flu shots given out annually - it is my personal belief the risks are low and the benefit is high.

I actually encourage people to take that shot - especially if they are at risk of coming in contact with a flu carrier.

Then it becomes a matter of deciding if it is right for you or not.

I do recognize there are people who have beliefs and reasons to not take the shot - however they NEVER seem to stay home when they get sick - they always drag their sorry butts into work and infect everybody else.

Be that as it may - so far we are not rounded up by any homeland security folks to take a mandatory shot - but one never knows! LOL

I recognize there is a lot of bad press out there about vaccinations - but I have cleaned up a lot of ugly things that one needle would have fixed if it had been made available to the local populace. The greater the exposure to other people, the greater the risk of disease of any kind and the greater the need for vaccinations. People are truly filthy (literally) creatures.

In the end, I have known my flight surgeon since 1986 when I taught him to fly the Hornet. I honestly do not believe he would lie to me and he tells me he takes it. I figure he is a decent litmus test as to whether or not it is a reasonable risk in getting the flu shot.

You be good.

Best to all,

Bez

Got my 1st flu shot last year along with pneumonia shot and shingles shot. No after affects other than one made my arm sore. Doc said at my age it was time to start getting it.

At the risk of looking like a fool I cannot get over the fact that it would be so easy for any government to take over all of us if they just told us there was a serious virus coming down the pike. We would all run to the local Walgreens etc and allow a perfect stranger to inject us with an alleged antidote to said virus. Wouldn't it be just as easy to give us the virus as protect us from it. You know, it is not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

melking":6tkx99vp said:
At the risk of looking like a fool I cannot get over the fact that it would be so easy for any government to take over all of us if they just told us there was a serious virus coming down the pike. We would all run to the local Walgreens etc and allow a perfect stranger to inject us with an alleged antidote to said virus. Wouldn't it be just as easy to give us the virus as protect us from it. You know, it is not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Would be a stupid move without restricting it in some way as to "save" those that are necessary and needed in the public (whether they know it or not). I'm not that paranoid.......yet !!

The docs have been pinging on me for years to get one. Year before last I didn;t and got way too sick. Got 1 last year and will get one this year.

I am that paranoid for sure. One day some clown working for or against the government will get their hands where they don't belong. How's the fastest way to fix S.S. Let me see hmm...most if not all doctors tell people over the age of 62 to get flu shots. Look at what chemical weapons did a few months ago in Syria. The muslim terrorist are all trying to get their hands on something to kill us with. I don't trust anybody with my health. If I get real sick I will go see a doctor for help, I don't need any help to stay healthy.

highgrit":1do17ye2 said:
I am that paranoid for sure. One day some clown working for or against the government will get their hands where they don't belong. How's the fastest way to fix S.S. Let me see hmm...most if not all doctors tell people over the age of 62 to get flu shots. Look at what chemical weapons did a few months ago in Syria. The muslim terrorist are all trying to get their hands on something to kill us with. I don't trust anybody with my health. If I get real sick I will go see a doctor for help, I don't need any help to stay healthy.

Wow....70 million funerals in such a short time nationwide all having only two things in common. Age and flu shot.

Before any vaccines are released for mass production to the public they are "scanned" for any virulent/bacterial/ Etc compounds that would be or cause pandemic death. Of course there was that one year where more people died from the flu shot than died of the flu.

hooknline":3uhfhzk9 said:
Before any vaccines are released for mass production to the public they are "scanned" for any virulent/bacterial/ Etc compounds that would be or cause pandemic death. Of course there was that one year where more people died from the flu shot than died of the flu.

When was that and what strain of flu was it?

Latest posts