Flu shot

Help Support CattleToday:

CPL":104rtqdi said:
Never get one and don't hardly get sick much. I don't think many in my family get the flu shot. My friend's father got one last year and a few weeks later had died from complications of it. I sometimes worry about everyone wanting to get vaccinated and how quick people are to start taking antibotics and other medicines. Its a wonder there aren't more strains of antibotic resistance bacteria out there.

Flu is viral.

Vaccination have saved millions of people from the terrible pandemics of the past. Influenza, 1917? Google it. Better yet, go to an old cemetary and look at all the tomb stones of the young ones during that year. There are many.

Some people will, undoubtly get ill and even die from allergic reactions and what have you, but it is a far fewer number than the people who would sicken and die without the shot.

Lammie":1k9ijui7 said:
Some people will, undoubtly get ill and even die from allergic reactions and what have you, but it is a far fewer number than the people who would sicken and die without the shot.

Secondary infections from the flu are awful. I spent a whole winter sick, really sick after I got the flu. Never want that to happen again so I get the shot even though it isn't always the right strain. Just preventative.

Lammie":387cacl1 said:
CPL":387cacl1 said:
Never get one and don't hardly get sick much. I don't think many in my family get the flu shot. My friend's father got one last year and a few weeks later had died from complications of it. I sometimes worry about everyone wanting to get vaccinated and how quick people are to start taking antibotics and other medicines. Its a wonder there aren't more strains of antibotic resistance bacteria out there.

Flu is viral.

Vaccination have saved millions of people from the terrible pandemics of the past. Influenza, 1917? Google it. Better yet, go to an old cemetary and look at all the tomb stones of the young ones during that year. There are many.

Not going to argue. I have my own opinion. And we are in American so that's perfectly fine.

I certainly do agree that there are too many people taking anti-biotics unnecessarily, but I believe strongly in vaccinations. I can remember getting the measles when I was a child and it was as sick as I have ever been. I missed six weeks of school. I don't want anyone to go through that. People die from stuff like that.

No- When X was stationed in Germany the kids and I got the flu,really bad... I've never gotten it again,nor have the kids.
Funny,that..

I been getting the flu shots almost 12 years now.Well this job we have to get all sorts of shot routinely, from A to Z.Now I see they have a mist in the nose the military is using.Some say it leaves a bad taste in the back of your mouth.But the shot has worked a few times for me.

never had one, they offered free shot at work but refused, everyone that got a shot came down with the flu and knock on wood I was still going.

rouxshortorn":2zfydqku said:
never had one, they offered free shot at work but refused, everyone that got a shot came down with the flu and knock on wood I was still going.
A few years back the shots would make some people sick. But that was nothing like a real case of the flu. My wife and I both had the flu at the same time once several years ago. If my mother hadn't come to stay and take care of us we would have likely died.

You DO NOT want a bad case of the flu. A lot of people get a bad cold and think they have the flu, or maybe a light case of the flu.
I am going to get a shot soon as I get over this cold.

Just get the flu shot - most health centers are giving them at a very reasonable cost. What most people get isn't really the flu -if you've ever had an actual case of diagnosed flu you'll know that the shot is much easier to take. Please remember that out there on the internet is a lot of good info - it's also a place for a bunch of goofballs to post a lot of misinformation!

You vaccinate your animals don't you?

Flu shot don't give you the flu no more than a blackleg shot gives a steer blackleg!

Latest posts