Flu shot

Help Support CattleToday:

I have gotten them just not every year. Most years I don't. I am thinking that I will get one this year.

Wife and the kids got their's the other day. I remember 3 years ago when we all got the Flu. I dont think I'd ever been that sick before. Had skipped the shot that year. Bronchitis on top of it all. Im getting mine this week.

Never get one and don't hardly get sick much. I don't think many in my family get the flu shot. My friend's father got one last year and a few weeks later had died from complications of it. I sometimes worry about everyone wanting to get vaccinated and how quick people are to start taking antibotics and other medicines. Its a wonder there aren't more strains of antibotic resistance bacteria out there.

A few weeks ago I was at the doctor for for my regular checkup, I'm diabetic so I go every 4 months, he asked if I ever had a flu shot and as far as I know I never did, so he recomended I get one , he said my insurance would cover it so I did ,As I was walking out to the truck I looked at the bill , It was $17.00 for the shot and $18.00 to give it. for $18.00 I could have given it myself. It just goes to show that the doctors are milking the insurance companies. It's no wonder health insurance keeps going up.

I've gotten one every year for the last GAWD knows how many years! I swear by it. And, bless my daughter's heart, so does she...and her babies and husband. (She used to give me all kinds of fits about making her take the flu shot when she was a kid.)

A year ago I got the pneumonia shot...it'd been about 10 years. Van didn't get the flu shot until we got married. I think I made it part of the deal...no flu shot, no gettin' married. :D

I see no point in being sick if I don't have to.

One other thing...my best friend from high school died from the flu about 7 years ago.

Alice

flu shot as well. I have athsma so i get it because it is recommended and hubby gets it becasue of me and we both get it becasue we live and work closely with his aged parents.

I don't have my children get the flu shots, but I will get one (for the first time) this year. Working in a correctional facility is considered "high risk", otherwise I wouldn't be doing it either. I didn't last year year and the funk I got couldn't be worse than the shot.

I normally get one every year. I didn't this year at work because the wanted thirty dollars for one, and I had been running a low grade fever all week. I have never had any ill effects from having taken one. It's a whole heck of a lot better than having the flu.

The company furnishes them every year. If you want one it is free. I get them. No side affects.

shorty":3ri6hstc said:
A few weeks ago I was at the doctor for for my regular checkup, I'm diabetic so I go every 4 months, he asked if I ever had a flu shot and as far as I know I never did, so he recomended I get one , he said my insurance would cover it so I did ,As I was walking out to the truck I looked at the bill , It was $17.00 for the shot and $18.00 to give it. for $18.00 I could have given it myself. It just goes to show that the doctors are milking the insurance companies. It's no wonder health insurance keeps going up.

You can go to your local community health center, they give them free for kids, and $10 for adults, its on the list for myself and the boys this Friday. I just don't have time to be sick!

GMN

I'm going to try Vitamin D.

THE GREAT FLU SHOT HOAX

SCIENCE DOES NOT SUPPORT FLU SHOTS by Dr. Bruce West
It is high time to rethink the expensive, ineffec¬tive, time-consuming, risky, and unscientific prac¬tice of developing and dispensing flu vaccines year after year. I have suggested this for as long as flu shots have been doled out. Now the independent and international Cochrane Collaboration agrees. The hard, cold truth about this long-term fiasco in American medicine follows.
Any benefits from flu vaccines are grossly ex¬aggerated, and little is known about their safety. Even the British Medical Journal agrees on these points. When all the assessments are made, and all available evidence is evaluated, including sick days, hospitalizations, deaths, etc. -- at best flu vaccine benefits are slight or none. Despite a U.S. policy that urges vaccination of infants from ages 6 to 23 months, benefits for this group are none, and always no better than a placebo!
Each year we are bombarded by a public relations campaign that instills fear of the upcoming flu epidemic. Yet the government, pharmaceutical, and medical industries mix flu and flu-like illnesses together to sell their policy to you. Both are syndromes that include headache, fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches, and so on. Yet any modest vaccine effectiveness is only possible with real influenza type A and B. Real influenza makes up less than 10% of all the cases of flu-like illnesses, which include the common cold. Fully 90% of these illnesses are caused by hundreds of other viruses over which the vaccine has no effect whatsoever.
Flu Shot Side Effects
Then there is the nasty little secret of side ef¬fects. There are hundreds of thousands of folks who develop a "cold," "flu-like syndrome," or even the flu (which one it is no one knows) from the shot itself. And if your flu vaccine still contains mercury, you can be injuring your brain. People who repeatedly had flu shots year-to-year in the 1990s have grossly higher rates of dementia and even Alzheimer's than those who did not.
Still others come down with Guillain Barre Syndrome following a flu shot. Nerve damage from this vicious little syndrome can leave you crippled sometimes for life. And there may be more side effects that we do not even know about. Data on serious side effects from flu vaccine is generally withheld from investigation.
Stop the Campaign
Today medicine is breaking the bank of an entire nation. The huge resources involved in the useless and potentially dangerous annual flu vac¬cination campaign would be a great place to start saving some money. The entire policy should be stopped after this year. According to authentic statistics, there would be no ill effects on the nation's health. It might even improve!

THE REAL SOLUTION by Dr. Robert J. Rowen
For decades we've heard the myth that flu strikes in winter because of the colder weather. But numerous stud¬ies have all debunked that theory. Studies have shown that flu hits the tropics in their "winter" when it's still quite warm (usually during the rainy season).
No, there's another reason flu hits in winter, and it gives you an easy way to stop the flu before it hits and it doesn't involve getting a flu shot.
The flu shot, as I've discussed repeatedly in these pages, is worthless at best, but far more likely to be very dangerous. I consider flu shots to be one of the greatest hoaxes ever perpetrated on the American public. You already know that it's highly unlikely the drug companies will get the right strain (the vaccine must be prepared long before it's known what strain will be going around). But most people don't know that the shots are laced with preservatives, toxic metals, and immune-deranging proteins from the eggs they are incubated in.
Enough about the flu shot. Let's get back to why the flu hits in winter, and what you can do to prevent it.
We already know that our bodies produce a lot less vitamin D during the winter. (Our bodies produce vitamin D with exposure to sunlight.) But is it possible the reduced vitamin D levels in winter contribute to the flu?
The evidence is there. Years ago, an observant British general practitioner, R. Edgar Hope-Simpson, connected influenza epidemics in the northern hemisphere with winter solstice. So, flu hits right when vitamin D levels begin to plummet. His work was largely ignored, until now.
Just this year, a report was released in two medical journals. It was written by Dr. John Cannell, a California psychiatrist at the Atascadero State Hospital in California. This hospital is a maximum security facility for the crimi¬nally insane 200 miles south of San Francisco. In his report, Dr. Cannell noted that wards all around his got hit hard with a severe flu-like outbreak in April 2005. All of his 32 patients were unaffected, though they mingled with infected inmates from other wards before those inmates were quarantined. Dr. Cannell wondered why his ward was spared when all the others were hit. He soon realized it was the high doses of vitamin D he prescribed to all the men on his ward. He had found that his patients, like most other people in the industrial world, had a deficiency. His efforts to correct the deficiency boosted their immune sys¬tem and completely protected them from the flu.
Why does it work? Science recently discovered that vitamin D stimulates your white blood cells to make a substance called cathelicidin. Researchers haven't studied this chemical on the flu virus yet, but they have previously reported that it attacks a wide variety of pathogens. These include fungi, viruses, bacteria, and even tuberculosis.
So, it turns out that my suggestions for you to have your vitamin D levels checked this time of year were right on target. But now, armed with this new information, I don't even think it's necessary to spend the money on a test. Vitamin D is cheap. And it stimulates your body to make what might be the ultimate antibiotic! One with no toxicity at all and only kills those organisms invading you (not your own cells).
Arm yourself with the incredible protection of vita¬min D. Get sunlight when you can; just be sure not to burn. If you are mostly indoors, I strongly suggest that you add vitamin D to your daily regimen. I recommend up to 5,000 IU per day. I see no downside to this dose, especially in the winter months!
When you buy vitamin D, make sure you buy vita¬min D3, not vitamin D2. Vitamin D3, as cholecalciferol, comes from fish or lanolin. Lanolin is the substance that helps sheep and other ani¬mals get their vitamin D from the sun. It allows the ani¬mal to absorb the vitamin even though its skin is blocked by fur. The animal isn't harmed in any way to get the vit¬amin D3, so it's the form I prefer. However, both forms are very good.

Bluestem- that is certainly not the only article about the truth of flu shots. I encourage everyone to investigate what they are shooting into their bodies. Do some searching, I think most will be surprised.

Did flu shots couple years in past. Never seemed to get around to it any more.

My solution:
  • [1] Stay away from "family practice" doctor's offices.
    [2] Stay away from hospitals.
    [3] Stay away from schools, institutions, nursing homes.
    [4] Stay away from kids.
    [5] Stay away from people.... :shock:

They really work We get the flu each time :D
Hubby is allergic to eggs, so we have real fun. Remember last year with the big flu scare? Never got one. Got sick once.

Speaking of... My youngest had the flu yesterday, starting to go around, been a long night!

GMN

Latest posts