Flooding

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy44

Reaction score
They say all droughts end in floods , well after 2 years of drought, Texas is geting it's share last nite Marble Falls west of Austin in the hill country had from 10 to 18 inches in about 6 hours all water is draining into the Colorado River into the lake system, lots of people being displaced , six flags in Dallas is under water. People are still driving into high water risking other people's lives to get them out, also they build their houses in flood plains then blames the gov. for them flooding out. People need to be responisible for themselves and use common sense

I think someones prayers about the drought came through big time. We have been getting a lot of rain. It is wonderful. I hate that places are getting flooded. I found out that one of the roads I travel floods with these extreme rains. They need culverts and ditches. Can't believe someone put in a road without enough culverts and the road is lower than the surrounding area. ??? I called the county commissioner. Hopefully it will get fixed although I don't expect it will be anytime soon.

Do not drive into water over the road That bridge that was there yesterday may be washed away,and what you see is the raillings sticking up thro floodwaters!

20 foot of water over the road last night. Couldn't get home. Decided to go to the farm and stay in the travel trailer. Couldn't get there either. Wound up in a motel. Neighbors tell me everything on the upper flood plain is gone. I haven't seen it yet. Cows are in the upper pasture so they are fine.

If anybodys got anything along the Colorado River that can be moved-move it!!

Here is what I think happened. For the past couple years everybody in texas and Oklahoma prayed for rain on a daily basis. Everyday they would pray for rain, none would come so they woudl pray for more the next day.

God was backlogged on answering prayers because of all the illegals praying for amnesty and he just got to all the rain ones this year.

Well everytime he gets another rain prayer he just answers it and send more rain.

Lesson learned, next time we are in a severe drought, just pray for rain once. :lol:

Yep.. plenty of rain here in central Texas as well. In fact, I've just now been able to get online (sorry dial up) because of the weather.

I will NOT complain... although I certainly don't wish flooding and all the problems around the state on anyone. We were due for a good rainy season. But very odd weather for almost 4th of July.

I showed a 92 acre ranch this morning that had coastal that was knee high. Waiting to get a cutter and baler in to get some hay!

3MR":13rlucbb said:
Here is what I think happened. For the past couple years everybody in texas and Oklahoma prayed for rain on a daily basis. Everyday they would pray for rain, none would come so they woudl pray for more the next day.

God was backlogged on answering prayers because of all the illegals praying for amnesty and he just got to all the rain ones this year.

Well everytime he gets another rain prayer he just answers it and send more rain.

Lesson learned, next time we are in a severe drought, just pray for rain once. :lol:

If this is true then Alabama is in for a whole lot of rain. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

We are just standing in water here. And it still is raining with more predicted. We normally drain very quickly but the ground is so saturated that there's no place to go. Hate to complain, but this is a bit much. Hope no one wants to show my house right now. I am in a lake.

Tab/s":yigvghxn said:
3MR":yigvghxn said:

Solving the illegal problem is easy. Enforce the law. Course it seems our current administration would rather just change the law. Either way it will get rid of the illegals, well change their name anyway. We can call them "Individuals of visible South American ancestery formally known as illegals." After all, we do want to be politically correct.

Ok you addressed the rain solve the illegal problem. I tend to beleive thats worse than the weather problem as the weather changes. The illegal problem is only getting worse.

Maybe the flooding will keep them home for a few days longer.

Lammie":19hgwtcw said:
We are just standing in water here. And it still is raining with more predicted. We normally drain very quickly but the ground is so saturated that there's no place to go. Hate to complain, but this is a bit much. Hope no one wants to show my house right now. I am in a lake.

We spent two nights in the motel. The motels are full. Folks on high ground can't flush the toilet because the septic systems are saturated.

No need to irrigate pastures this year, they are standing in water. Should have planted rice :lol:

Latest posts