Flooding

Help Support CattleToday:

Toad

Reaction score
Anyone who has a minute please say a prayer for those of us in parts of SWVA who are dealing with epic once in a lifetime flooding. At my farm I've measured 18 inches of rain over four days, 8 of those inches fell last night and this morning. Today we had flash floods in part of the county, a number of people lost homes and other property. Sky has pictures he can post if he wants to.

I feel for you I was in Houston when it flooded in 2001. I wish some of that rain would come my way I probably could take 18 inches in 4 days so dang dry here.

I would like to give Toad a special thanks for taking care of his county residents in which many of them are my family and helping out wherever he can. His county is where I grew up and I hate seeing the damage that's being done to it.
Toad I don't care what SD1030 says about you you're a good man. :tiphat:

Posted for Toad

IMG_0816_zpsi3xudhre.jpg

IMG_0815_zps1uyt7ziu.jpg

IMG_0818_zpstpkdddj0.jpg

IMG_0819_zpsa24sktld.jpg

IMG_0812_zpsy5ddeb9g.jpg

IMG_0813_zpsfcdqdxrs.jpg

IMG_0823_zps1bclre6u.jpg

IMG_3362_zps0wv2g2xm.jpg

IMG_0838_zpsmcfgbmfo.jpg

IMG951473_zpszzkobdt7.jpg

IMG_0814_zps44pfyiyr.jpg

IMG_0817_zpskcnkwcvz.jpg

IMG_0839_zpsvkgnbcn3.jpg

IMG_0843_zpsw3mqowft.jpg

IMG_0842_zps9dfp6bfm.jpg

IMG_0845_zpsgq3n0cr8.jpg

IMG_0840_zps2nzj315w.jpg

IMG_0846_zpsduusonka.jpg

IMG950832_zps8aktglz2.jpg

IMG950833_zpsqce0y8ex.jpg

IMG_0847_zps3quida0j.jpg

IMG_0848_zpszlgk9zia.jpg

Toad":2re0d87v said:
Anyone who has a minute please say a prayer for those of us in parts of SWVA who are dealing with epic once in a lifetime flooding. At my farm I've measured 18 inches of rain over four days, 8 of those inches fell last night and this morning. Today we had flash floods in part of the county, a number of people lost homes and other property. Sky has pictures he can post if he wants to.
Will do buddy. Saw just a mention of it on the national news this morning but not near the coverage your pictures show us. Praying for you and all affected.

so sorry the hear this. been thru some minor flooding myself but 18 inches would destroy our whole town. flood ins. is so expensive now don't know how much longer I can keep it. God bless and be safe that is the main thing

Toad i hate to see yall going through that, my prayers are with yall. For the record i havent said anything against ya, old sky is trying to pull a slick one on me. Are yall expected to get more rain this weekend?

Toad, I worked at Claytor Lake State Park today and it looked as if it had barely rained there. That has to be very close to you.
I am putting together a chainsaw crew to head east over the weekend to open roads if the hurricane does hit eastern VA as they think it will.

I am putting together a chainsaw crew to head east over the weekend to open roads if the hurricane does hit eastern VA as they think it will.[/quote]

Maybe Sky will buy the steaks Kenny? As wet as it been there it's going to be terrible. The ground is saturated and a good steady wind is a recipe for trouble. Stay safe and wear a life jacket.

ram":35k85wx8 said:
I am putting together a chainsaw crew to head east over the weekend to open roads if the hurricane does hit eastern VA as they think it will.

Maybe Sky will buy the steaks Kenny? As wet as it been there it's going to be terrible. The ground is saturated and a good steady wind is a recipe for trouble. Stay safe and wear a life jacket.[/quote]
Sky had better pack his stuff and head west to the mountains. :arrow: :nod:
I really do hope the hurricane turns out to sea but the governor has already declaired a state of emergency because of the current flooding.