FLIR cameras

Help Support CattleToday:

It can't see "through" walls; not in way I think you're asking.
It can display the heat signature, depending on the source, temperature differential, and wall density.
You can spend hours playing with these, but after a while it becomes more entertaining to play hide-and-seek with wife. It's more fun for her too and helps justify the expense.

They are very useful tools. I've used mine for troubleshooting an intermittent ignition problem, cooler cylinder on an aircraft engine. Saved a lot of time.

I've also used it under the covers to find her hot spots.
That's one thing I plan to use it for is I have a diesel that runs just a little off, and I'm sure I'll see which cylinder it is quite clearly with this

Can it see through walls?
not unless you have a fire on the other side of the wall... If you put your hand on the wall for a couple seconds you can see your handprint for a minute though

I looks like it would be useful checking electrical circuits for loose connections.
All electric companies keep them available. Great tool, loose connections are always hotter than the surrounding items. Roofer said that he could track a water leak in an attic. Follows the water to the hole in roof.

Some of these things show up at @ $400 some show up around $20,000. What price range or models are you using?

I could see it being handy for some diagnostics.

The one I had was only $150 a few years ago. It attached to my iPhone 5 like an external battery pack. The iPhone camera looked "through" the FLIR camera and displayed on the phone screen. It worked great, for $150, compared to more expensive ones I'd seen.

This is the FLIR for iPhone 5 that I had.

All electric companies keep them available. Great tool, loose connections are always hotter than the surrounding items. Roofer said that he could track a water leak in an attic. Follows the water to the hole in roof.
My buddy has a higher resolution one and he's a home inspector, that's exactly what he uses it for!
Some of these things show up at @ $400 some show up around $20,000. What price range or models are you using?

I could see it being handy for some diagnostics.
I paid about $170 USD for mine, it should do for what i need
The FLIR E6 model is much higher resolution, and you can find them on Ebay for about $1000, though they're about $2-3K new

There are some cell phones that have a FLIR camera built in.. there was one branded by CAT my friend had, there are new phones out there with it as well .. here's one of them https://store.blackview.hk/products/blackview-bv9900-pro-thermal-imaging-4g-rugged-phone

Reading the comments, you can locate termites in the walls or damages they left....

Termite nests usually maintain a very special state of constant stability and humidity. Due to the high humidity, the evaporation of water will cause a temperature difference between the nest and the surrounding walls. If there is an ant nest, the temperature will be lower than that of the wall. Will be higher than the ambient temperature).
The temperature of the wall above the exit door of the stage is lower than that of the surroundings detected by an infrared thermal imaging camera. The infrared thermal imaging camera is used as a detection tool to provide detection data support for professional termite control engineers to help them determine whether there are nests here.
Termites can live inside the walls of buildings, but they still need to look for living plants, wood products and other cellulose as food. Therefore, it can also focus on the inspection of the wooden structure of the office building, such as wooden doors, wooden cabinets, etc., to see if it has been eaten by termites. Inspection engineers performed infrared inspections on outdoor trees where termite activity was first discovered. Because there is no more water supply in the moored cavities, the temperature will be higher than that of the surrounding trees with water supply. The temperature difference can be visually checked in the infrared thermal image. . Similarly, indoor wooden structures are easily eaten by termites and are selected as n see less

Answered by The seller on December 07,2021