Flint Hills Region

Help Support CattleToday:

kscowboy":1gqmoadc said:
i'm close and go there often , what are you huntin ?

We've been thru there a few times and I just love the area. Just wondering how hard it is to find good grazing land and what it normally fetches. Also, how well "outsiders" would be accepted in the region? I wouldn't be the type to bring the East with me, that's what I'm trying to get away from.

cfpinz":3v5bdqkh said:
kscowboy":3v5bdqkh said:
i'm close and go there often , what are you huntin ?

We've been thru there a few times and I just love the area. Just wondering how hard it is to find good grazing land and what it normally fetches. Also, how well "outsiders" would be accepted in the region? I wouldn't be the type to bring the East with me, that's what I'm trying to get away from.

Forget that and move here. You know this is where you want to end up anyway. Just remember (other then us) the people you met on your junket.

dun":2kipg39p said:
Forget that and move here. You know this is where you want to end up anyway. Just remember (other then us) the people you met on your junket.

Find me some land like those Flint Hills and we'll be neighbors. Out of every state the wife and I have been to, the folks in MO are our favorite.

The Flints hills are absolutely gorgeous , there are some really nice " castles" up on top of some of those hills that I imagine Ben Cartwright and his sons live in....scare up about 50 million and you can have one too! I have no idea what any of that ground is worth , theres some big chunks being bought by conservation groups to preserve it.

Missouri , jeez who wants to live in Missouri 'ceptin Dun. All humor aside southern Missouri is really nice except for those durn black and gold tiggers. With all the rain we've had in Ks / Mo it feels more like Mississippi lately .

kscowboy":20t5u005 said:
The Flints hills are absolutely gorgeous , there are some really nice " castles" up on top of some of those hills that I imagine Ben Cartwright and his sons live in....scare up about 50 million and you can have one too! I have no idea what any of that ground is worth , theres some big chunks being bought by conservation groups to preserve it.

I see enough of those types around here, I'd like to get as far away from them as possible. A couple counties away and ten dirt roads would be perfect. I hate to hear of large groups buying up the land. While I agree it needs to be preserved, I believe that farmer/rancher who takes pride in what he/she does is the best conservationist.

Missouri , jeez who wants to live in Missouri 'ceptin Dun. All humor aside southern Missouri is really nice except for those durn black and gold tiggers. With all the rain we've had in Ks / Mo it feels more like Mississippi lately .

'Dillers?

cfpinz":1zsckp35 said:
kscowboy":1zsckp35 said:

I see enough of those types around here, I'd like to get as far away from them as possible. A couple counties away and ten dirt roads would be perfect. I hate to hear of large groups buying up the land. While I agree it needs to be preserved, I believe that farmer/rancher who takes pride in what he/she does is the best conservationist.

'Dillers?
He is referring to the University of Missouri Tigers

checked a couple ads this am on 300 acre parcels , 1500 per acre on unimproved up to 5000 per acre for one that had a lakefront home , if ya google flint hills you can see some awesome pics of the burning of the prairie , theres a number of sites , it's really something to see during the spring burnoffs

kscowboy":1owc0pf8 said:
checked a couple ads this am on 300 acre parcels , 1500 per acre on unimproved up to 5000 per acre for one that had a lakefront home , if ya google flint hills you can see some awesome pics of the burning of the prairie , theres a number of sites , it's really something to see during the spring burnoffs
1500 per acre is a steal here. the place across from me 188 acres only 40 in pasture rest mountain land that only a few years ago went for 500 a acre their asking $875.000

kscowboy":1ad7x9z9 said:

Thanks. From what I've seen on the internet, there's a good bit of unimproved in the 1000-1500 range. Like ala, that is a bargain compared to here. I've heard about the burnoffs but never seen it, I'll bet that is pretty impressive.

I was over on the mo/ks line between joplin and KC last week looking at some sale barns and farms.Seemed most of the land w/decent improvements was running around 1500-2000 in Mo.
My plan is to just tell them I'm from Ok and not mention anything about being born and raised in the east,that way they will think I'm even worse off than I am and think this guy got smart and got out of the desert. :D