Flies and white cables

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why flies are drawn to white cables ? They are crapping all over my white cords and lights. Can anyone suggest what to use to keep them out of the shop ? I put out 8 bombs last night so that took care of the current visitors but want to know about the future guests.

IMG_20170507_192022419_zps5vknxle7.jpg

IMG_20170507_192011326_zpsotna8d6k.jpg

IMG_20170507_192000249_zpslxc2j94i.jpg

Same reason they are drawn to my white truck but only on the south (sunny) side, but never to my wife's black car.

flies go where other flies are, they see a spot and they'll go there it seems. I once had a spot from the tag pen on my hand and be darned if all the flies didn't want to land there and see what was up.. guess on a white cable they can see the other flies, so they all go there.. on the black truck they don't see them

Nesikep":1a3us2ck said:
flies go where other flies are, they see a spot and they'll go there it seems. I once had a spot from the tag pen on my hand and be darned if all the flies didn't want to land there and see what was up.. guess on a white cable they can see the other flies, so they all go there.. on the black truck they don't see them

Then why do black cows always have more flies than any other color cow?

True Grit Farms":9lwpqx4h said:
Nesikep":9lwpqx4h said:

Then why do black cows always have more flies than any other color cow?

That's a good question

Craig Miller":3gb1yr0p said:
Have you tried some permethrin

Not yet but I will spray some. I closed the shop let off 4 bombs kept it closed 24 hrs and it killed spiders flies and skeeters that was in there. They said it is supposed to keep insects out for 2 months ... Yea right. I may spray some talstar in there and permetherin. If you got insects in your shop/barn and it can seal relatively well those bombs are great

IMG_20170509_071124765_zps6wsa7jkl.jpg

IMG_20170509_071149784_zpsy2zttwxr.jpg

I hang the cheap fly tapes in the window openings of the shop. Doesn't get them all but helps. I hate walking past the window and hearing a bunch of buzzing and flying into the glass. The tapes help with that at least lol. Feed store has like 4 or 5 for a dollar I think.

Latest posts