Fletcher on goats-moving up in the world

Help Support CattleToday:

spinandslide

Reaction score
Last weekend, Fletch and I drove with a friend to go work goats. I feel like he had a big ah ha moment this work..felt like he worked really good. Trainer said he was a nice dog. Hes a gathering fool, so we focused on getting him "driving" more..having him bring the stock straight to me. ..border collies are different from heelers..:)
photos below.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

with the trainer
picture.php

picture.php

Trainer telling me where I and the stock need to be before I ask him to "drive" the goats to me..by the end, he was doing it quite smoothly.
picture.php

spinandslide":3gmqg13l said:
Last weekend, Fletch and I drove with a friend to go work goats. I feel like he had a big ah ha moment this work..felt like he worked really good. Trainer said he was a nice dog. Hes a gathering fool, so we focused on getting him "driving" more..having him bring the stock straight to me. ..border collies are different from heelers..:)
photos below.

Too bad you don't live closer to me (or I don't live closer to you). I'm looking to find a good dog to help me work my goats, but I don't have a clue how to train him(her).

Ive only trained blue heelers in the past..and border collies are a whole 'nuther box of nuts..so I am learning as I go..thank goodness for patient trainers!