Fleckvieh's/ New Pics added

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
My cousin sent me this picture of one of his Fleckvieh Bulls today. He is 5 months old here. The second picture is his older sister.

Now those are some nice calves - especially the heifer , hard to fault but why would you want to ? What a Simmental is supposed to look like in my opinion.
Where are they located ?
cheers
Goddy

goddy":2nr2crod said:
Now those are some nice calves - especially the heifer , hard to fault but why would you want to ? What a Simmental is supposed to look like in my opinion.
Where are they located ?
cheers
Goddy

Montrose, Colorado. This young man is only 35 and has been raising these kind of good cattle for about 7 or 8 years now. Before that he just had commercial cows.

I'd be interested to know their breeding. I used to raise Simmentals in New Zealand and we had a donor cow that produced heifers really similar to the one pictured. I love that type .

goddy":1madkwoo said:
Now those are some nice calves - especially the heifer , hard to fault but why would you want to ? What a Simmental is supposed to look like in my opinion.Where are they located ?
cheers
Goddy
excellent calves

goddy":25i0ku2r said:
I'd be interested to know their breeding. I used to raise Simmentals in New Zealand and we had a donor cow that produced heifers really similar to the one pictured. I love that type .

i'll ask him. He told me he was going to sell himso he's getting that info together.

Wow, those are really nice looking calves. He's only 35 with that nice of a herd? Jeez

There's 1,000's of Fleckvieh cattle like that up across the north and central parts of Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Alberta-they really cross well with Hereford and Red Angus cattle.

Northern Rancher":hxkja7hc said:
There's 1,000's of Fleckvieh cattle like that up across the north and central parts of Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Alberta-they really cross well with Hereford and Red Angus cattle.

No offense but I seriously doubt that there are thousands of cattle like that heifer anywhere. If there are I for one would sure like to see some pictures. Please post them when you have time.

I'm on dial up but you can start searching Simmental Breeders in Canada-I know when we presort calves at our local yards we sort semiload lots of those kind of cattle-so I was probably wrong there might not be 1,000's probably quite a few more. most Simmental breeders in the U'S travelled to Canada to find their Fleck genetics-we didn't chase the frame score thing as hard as some U'S breeders did-were just now really getting into the quasiAngus Simms also. She's a good heifer but not necessarily unique which is good for the breed as a whole. Little Willow Creek Simmentals-Frenchman Butte,Sask has 4-500 Fleck cows that look alot like her-they reming alot of the Arnold Bros. from McIntosh, South Dakota good solid cowmen. Like I said you can go on the Canadian Simm. sight and check out sites you'll see what I mean.

Northern Rancher":crvdnne7 said:
I'm on dial up but you can start searching Simmental Breeders in Canada-I know when we presort calves at our local yards we sort semiload lots of those kind of cattle-so I was probably wrong there might not be 1,000's probably quite a few more. most Simmental breeders in the U'S travelled to Canada to find their Fleck genetics-we didn't chase the frame score thing as hard as some U'S breeders did-were just now really getting into the quasiAngus Simms also. She's a good heifer but not necessarily unique which is good for the breed as a whole. Little Willow Creek Simmentals-Frenchman Butte,Sask has 4-500 Fleck cows that look alot like her-they reming alot of the Arnold Bros. from McIntosh, South Dakota good solid cowmen. Like I said you can go on the Canadian Simm. sight and check out sites you'll see what I mean.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure but these two could be from the Fleck cow I posted a couple of months ago. They could also be some South African genetics he was working with.

EDIT I just remembered that he told me his great Donor cow that I posted a while back(actually I think Dun posted her for me) is pure German genetics.

I looked up an outfit in Sask called Dominion Cattle Co, they have this kind of cattle, very nice. I do however believe that in the USA these are pretty unique as most of the Sims have been Angasized.

http://www.simmental.com/simmentalcountry/links.htm There's some Fleckvieh breeders in these links-you can roam through them at your leisure-Simm Cross cattle are probably a third of the cattle ran up in our country just going from what we see at the yards-some of the early calving outfits sell huge calves-not unheard of to see 1,000 pound calves at ten months right of the cows. If you can afford to feed those bigger cows in the winter they'll produce alot of weight for you. A Fleck/RA or Fleck/HH is a pretty solid ranch cow-I have a few and they winter right along with the straight Angus cows.

Thought I would repost a picture of the Donor cow I was talking about. The first picture is her as a heifer and then at around 6

Very nice heifer anda great looking beef type cow. It is great to see some real 'fleck' simm genetics, much better IMO than the black simms so prevalent now. I would sure like to see a picture of the heifer in not so deep of grass. Might also be the pic, but I would like to see a little more flex (set) in the hock and pasterns on the bull calf. Both are still very solid beef animals.

Latest posts