Fleckvieh Producer

Help Support CattleToday:

KANSAS

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend reputable Fleckvieh breeder in U.S.? What are current regulations regarding importing live stock from Canada?

Do a google search for Fleckvieh Simmis, you will see how they have alot more muscle and better conformation then the composite black Simmentals you see today. Some of the best cattle I have ever seen where Fleckvieh x Angus, to this day I still dont know what the advantage was in turning them black, as when breed to a black Angus the calves are either black or black blaze?. F1 make excellent females. High growth+milk. eye pigment is a problem in warmer climates. from the reaserch I have done most black Simmentals are 75-80% real Simmental 20% Angus/fresian, at the end of the day if you are going to pay $5,000+ on a bull, wouldnt you want the real thing?.

Here is a link to Bar 5 Simmental's Web site:
http://www.bar5.com

They have some very good Fleckvieh and South African cattle -- excellent genetics, top performance and carcass quality. There are also links on their site to several of their customers, so you may be able to find an American producer that way.

At this point, you can import semen and embryos from Canada, no breeding stock. That is in the process of changing, but we're not sure of the timeline at this point.

Best of luck!

topsquar":2r7r82as said:
Do a google search for Fleckvieh Simmis, you will see how they have alot more muscle and better conformation then the composite black Simmentals you see today. Some of the best cattle I have ever seen where Fleckvieh x Angus, to this day I still dont know what the advantage was in turning them black, as when breed to a black Angus the calves are either black or black blaze?. F1 make excellent females. High growth+milk. eye pigment is a problem in warmer climates. from the reaserch I have done most black Simmentals are 75-80% real Simmental 20% Angus/fresian, at the end of the day if you are going to pay $5,000+ on a bull, wouldnt you want the real thing?.
topsquar - I am assuming from these comments that you are not in favor of any Composite breeding - or - Simmangus - or - Limmflex - or - Balancers. - or - ANY crossbreeding for that matter. Do I assume correctly?? :shock: You seem to compliment the RESULTS of crossbreeding - but then you 'refer back' to "the REAL thing". :???:

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":1ldhs95l said:
topsquar":1ldhs95l said:
topsquar - I am assuming from these comments that you are not in favor of any Composite breeding - or - Simmangus - or - Limmflex - or - Balancers. - or - ANY crossbreeding for that matter. Do I assume correctly?? :shock: You seem to compliment the RESULTS of crossbreeding - but then you 'refer back' to "the REAL thing". :???:

DOC HARRIS

a purebred x purbred of two different breeds read the post again ;-) wheres your freind HCF :idea:

Kansas,

A friend of mine, who is a really good stockman, speaks highly of Jerry Brink's Fleckviehs in Iowa.

This would be a lot closer than driving to Texas to visit BHR.

Latest posts