fleas are bad this year

Help Support CattleToday:

Better check those products as they all have different active ingredients. Active ingredient in Heartguard is Ivomectrin. As for the cat/dog going different places, the diatomaceous earth goes with them also. Helps to put it in their bedding and lounging areas as well. I treated my entire lawn one time with the DE and use the Frontline on the dogs and cat and haven't seen a flea or tick now in years.

I use Bayer Tree and shrub wirh the active ingredient IMIDACLOPRID 1.47%, which is the same as frontline that uses a little over 9%
imidacloprid. I measure .1 cc for 10# of dog weight and apply it on the back. Works just fine. Also, spray (1oz/gal of water)it around the dog houses about every 7 days for about 3 applications. No more fleas. The front line cost about $13 a month per dog. The tree & shrub is MUCH cheaper, about $18 a quart.
I use Ivomec for heart worm treatment on the dogs, again .1 cc per dog 10# Weight, squirt it in their mouth. Been using it for 20 years and have dogs that are 14 & 10 years old. Never had a problem with heart worms. Caution, Don't overdose them!!!!!
That's .1cc of Ivermectin per 10# of dog weight orally, once a month. 50ml Ivomec cost about $45 but will last a long time

Bayer makes Advantage II not Frontline, my mistake, should have looked it up and not guess......geee whiz; however, imidacloprid is still the killer at 9.1% and a dash or pyriproxyfen .46% as a growth inhibitor. Seems death would surfice

:nod: I think my dog maybe a flea! I have tried everything. Oh Dayum maybe my husband has became a flea too! WOW I didn't see this coming! :roll: Thanks I gunna try that diatomaceous earth! :)