Flatbed trailor bad vibration Need help

Help Support CattleToday:

Agboy

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got a new flatbed trailor. 20 footer with 2 7000 lb axles. I am having trouble with the trailor making a bad vibration in my truck. I am thinking it must be the wheels out off balance or something. My steering wheel shakes terrible with the trailor on. Theres no way I can use the trailor this way. I am taking it back to the dealer to get it figured out. A new trailor shouldnt act this way. Any thoughts on this guys. Any help wopuld be appreciated.

Hook your truck to a different trailer first, isolate whether the vibration is coming from the trailer or your truck when the suspension is compressed. Could be any number of things on the trailer: bent axle/wheel, bearing, etc. If it's new let the dealer figure it out.

I agree with CF hook another trailer onto your truck and make sure it isn't your truck it could be that you have a problem with the truck and it is only showing up under the load of the trailer

Do you have the trailer height adjusted correctly for you truck when setting on a level surface with the trailer hooked to your truck and empty the front of the trailer needs to be sitting about 2" higher than the back of the trailer that way they weight is distributed to the trailer and not directly to your back axle of the truck

If the trailer is loaded you may have to much weight on the rear of it.If unloaded hook another truck to it and if that is not it hook another trailer to your truck .Hope this helps.

Nope I drive a Ford Superduty. I measured the height off the trailor today. It is 3inches lower in front then back. Not good.The 5th wheel shaft is as high as it will go. in the 4th hole. Any ideas how to raise this trailor up? Can you imagine a lower truck. How are these trailors act when you pull. Do they jerk the heck out off the truck like mine does. I have a gooseneck stock trailor that pulls great. Im not happy at all

Ok guys help me out here. Any help would be appreciated. Most everybody has a gooseneck flatbed. How do they pull?

Agboy":2lgzwape said:
Ok guys help me out here. Any help would be appreciated. Most everybody has a gooseneck flatbed. How do they pull?

Every one I've ever owned pulled great. The bigger the trailer, the better they seem to pull. I try and keep the front of the bed a tad higher than the back so the load levels it out. Hard to imagine a trailer not being able to get leveled.

Have you taken it back to the dealer yet?

THe more info the better. Where is the vibration coming from ... front back trailer axle tire? Have you tried the trailer behind another truck? Have you tried the truck empty? Does one of the tires have a bubble? Are all the bolts tight on your hitch? Lots of things that could be going on.

Agboy":1djrvwgy said:
Nope I drive a Ford Superduty. I measured the height off the trailor today. It is 3inches lower in front then back. Not good.The 5th wheel shaft is as high as it will go. in the 4th hole. Any ideas how to raise this trailor up? Can you imagine a lower truck. How are these trailors act when you pull. Do they jerk the heck out off the truck like mine does. I have a gooseneck stock trailor that pulls great. Im not happy at all

I would say you have found the problem

Agboy":o1drmcp9 said:

Mine pulls great. My hitch adjustment for height is just a slider that is held in place by a couple of bolts that jam against the ineer piece. I'v hauled some pretty heavy tractors around and never have had it slip so it must be adequate. It's a PJ trailer

Has anyone else pulled the trailer and if so have they had any problems?

quote="Agboy"]b] It is 3inches lower in front then back.The 5th wheel shaft is as high as it will go. in the 4th hole. Any ideas how to raise this trailor up? Can you imagine a lower truck.

You don't want to lower the truck you want to raise it.Before investing anything more (money or time)i'd advise you to find someone to hook on to it that will be the right height and pull it.

Brute 23":2jemdthj said:
Cowboy 2.0":2jemdthj said:
You wouldn't happen to drive a dodge would you?

balljoint :D

10-4. Must be an awful low truck or high trailer for it to be sitting that low. I think most of the problem is coming from that blue oval up front.

Latest posts