Flat

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
TexasBred":2va78k70 said:
Caustic Burno":2va78k70 said:
shaz":2va78k70 said:
I've noticed our Sunday school won't touch the books of prophesy. We started studying the book of Revelation and talked about our feelings (lol). A better topic would have been events that haven't happened yet. Babylon and what not.

Also noticed that several of the preachers that came through did not believe in the Devil.

Most preachers today won't touch the book of Jude either.
And some removed 7 entire books from the accepted Canon of Scripture.

The word accepted is what is in question. Some found extra books in a stump hole.

Rafter S":33mo5xso said:
Caustic Burno":33mo5xso said:
hurleyjd":33mo5xso said:
A lot of things are being taught in the Religious dominated schools that is not fact but fiction. A person told me the other day that after we took God out of the schools the schools went to heck. I asked him what about God in Church. discussion ended there.

Lot of churches have taken him out as well for feel good sermons and pass the plate.

I wish they'd get that "Like" button fixed.
Hit like, then backspace and refresh. It works.

Caustic Burno":truuqx7w said:
TexasBred":truuqx7w said:
Caustic Burno":truuqx7w said:

The word accepted is what is in question. Some found extra books in a stump hole.

Accepted by all Christians until Martin Luther deleted them from his bible. They were included in the Septuiagant which was translated in the 2nd century BC and The full title in Ancient Greek: Ἡ μετάφρασις τῶν Ἑβδομήκοντα, literally "The Translation of the Seventy", derives from the traditional story recorded in the Letter of Aristeas that the Septuagint was translated at the request of Ptolemy II by 70 or 72 Jewish scholars (6 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel) who independently translated identical versions of the entire Hebrew canon.[6][7][8] Subsequently, the Greek translation was in circulation among the Alexandrian Jews in who were fluent in Greek, the common language in Egypt at the time, but not in Hebrew. They are quoted often in the New Testament, used by Jesus and the Apostles and referenced often in the Pauline epistles.

Quite the stump hole CB. Old too.

shaz":29ofdr03 said:
TexasBred":29ofdr03 said:
Caustic Burno":29ofdr03 said:

Huh? Which books?
I've always wondered how the Canon was developed in the first place. There must have been one before the council of Nicaea.
shaz,the Council of Nicea affirmed the deity and eternality of Jesus Christ and defined the relationship between the Father and the Son as "of one substance." It also affirmed the Trinity—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were listed as three co-equal and co-eternal Persons.

Status
Not open for further replies.