Flat Tire Cheap Emergency Fix

Help Support CattleToday:

whitebc

Reaction score
Hauled my fluffer to the field the other evening... had a blow out on one of the tires... had to fluff hay the next day and the new tire was gonna have to be shipped in... so I patched the tube with a $1.75 bicycle tire tube patch kit, but the rubber was so thin on the actual tire that the tube stuck out when it was aired up, sooooo...

Step 1: Cut old piece of conveyor belt to length
Step 2: Duck tape conveyor belt to tire
Step Three: Air tube back up

P6102369.jpg

Hopefully no one else ever has to use this, but it came in handy for me to use on a 10 acre field that needed to be fluffed that day :D

Ben

whitebc":20tb4wsm said:
Hauled my fluffer to the field the other evening... had a blow out on one of the tires... had to fluff hay the next day and the new tire was gonna have to be shipped in... so I patched the tube with a $1.75 bicycle tire tube patch kit, but the rubber was so thin on the actual tire that the tube stuck out when it was aired up, sooooo...

Step 1: Cut old piece of conveyor belt to length
Step 2: Duck tape conveyor belt to tire
Step Three: Air tube back up

Hopefully no one else ever has to use this, but it came in handy for me to use on a 10 acre field that needed to be fluffed that day :D

Ben

In Arkansas that tire would still be good for at least another two seasons after that fix.

My biggest concern when mounting a new set of tires, is to make sure I put the "No Hunting" part on the inside. :cowboy:

I may have to try your recap idea next time.

Way to think outside of the box :tiphat:

I did find a great flat fixing idea that didn't work once! My mother had an old riding lawn mower and one of the front tires had so much fix a flat in it, it was pathetic. When I went to reach for the fix a flat can, I noticed a can of spray foam insulation beside it. Well, a light bulb went off over my head, thinking that some of that stuff would almost make it like having foam filled tires. Nope! Just made a heck of a mess! It turned into a donut inside the tire once it hardened. Ended up getting a new tire wheel assembly from Tractor Supply. Couldn't resist opening the old one up to see. A sawzall and a few minutes were needed the extract the slimmy donut from inside! Folks, never try this at home!

Latest posts