Flat bed question

Help Support CattleToday:

With that design I dont think you will need them. I would check your states laws on mud flaps and the coverage required just cover your bases. I cant remember but was that the flaps had to be so many inches above the ground for duals. If your bed covers that you shoud be good. Another thing to consider is the wireing harness to back of the bed and how the wires are protected. Might be better to have the flaps for that reason alone?
Good looking bed, what you putting it on?

Puting it on a 2012 Dodge 3500. The wiring will be down the center of the frame, so not worried. Was just thinking about mud, slinging up under the bed and building up.Seen lot of pic's with them on. But around here havent seen any with them on.

novatech":1oaotunp said:
In Texas it has to be 8" off the ground or less. Any more it has to have mud flaps.
That doesn't make since because most fender wells on a reg bed are more than 8"off the ground

The rule we have always had to follow on semi's,dumptrucks, trailers and pickups with flatbeds is that the mud flaps or covering has to extend below center line of wheel
we always figured 60% and have never had a problem

Angus Cowman":57xzkm6t said:
novatech":57xzkm6t said:
In Texas it has to be 8" off the ground or less. Any more it has to have mud flaps.
That doesn't make since because most fender wells on a reg bed are more than 8"off the ground

The rule we have always had to follow on semi's,dumptrucks, trailers and pickups with flatbeds is that the mud flaps or covering has to extend below center line of wheel
we always figured 60% and have never had a problem
Yep. I came up with a pretty good reason too, while the DPS officer was writing out my ticket. If I recall correctly it applies to anything with duals.

Yea any dual wheel truck or trailer in Texas has to have flaps . I have a flat bed and didn't know I lost a flap about 2 weeks ago . Dps pulled me over and gave me a ticket . I used some 1/4 inch nylon conveyor belt I won't loose it again .

Cabo":3lx9ism4 said:
My CM came with mud flaps. Good place for the seller to advertise his business.
You'd think they would come with the bed. The only ones he had a longhorn head on them.They cost extra.

Mine came with my bed . You can take the ones off your bed that you have now and use them . I just sold the factory bed off of my truck for 1500 on Craig's list . It's a 2011 dodge 3500 .

Guy from Florida sent a truck to pick it up. The car hauler had a dodge viper on the trailer . I tried to get him to let me take a spin but no go . I was surprised too but I've had 5 different e mails on it .

oscar p":15r3oinf said:
I've had my 2012 bed on Craigslist for 3 weeks,For $1200. Haven't had the first call.
It might take a year or so . Not enough of them wrecked yet to have a market for the 2012

Latest posts