Flashing adds at top of Cattle Today Page

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":2r5fb8as said:
Arkansas":2r5fb8as said:
greybeard":2r5fb8as said:
I see no flashing ads--never have.
You have a bug.

So you don't see the Cattle Report Youtube ad on the left ?

Yep--solid image--not flashing. Un-obtrusive for the most part and it isn't tied to recent searches or other website cookies on my computer. It's just an embedded hyperlink. The "flashing ads" reference, I took to mean like the ones on the right top or little ads that sometimes appear on the lower right of some websites, that change every time one refreshes the page or goes to another topic--even using the back button can throw a different ad up there. These come from doubleclick.net, altfarm.mediaplex, and the always present googleads and it's variants.
I have those blocked, tho even with a blocker, they still "try" to load, and they have a pre-set time in which to do this. With most adblockers, this just means they have to timeout their load attempts before your browser can put full resources into loading the primary parts of the website you're looking at. I see this most often when submitting a reply. It will take longer than it should for the "Message has been posted successfully" splash to appear because of these type ads attempting to load thru the adblocker.

Even without an adblocker, deleting temp internet files, clearing cache and clearing history will help a lot.

In addition to a good antivirus, I always run a couple of other little manually activated programs to get rid of annoying spyware/adware.
SuperantiSpyware and Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is particularly useful in getting rid of persistant troublemakers and has specific tools to throw at fake antivirus infections as well.
Thank you ever so much!!!!
Wish my retirement package would have included tech support for life. I sure miss my IT gal!!

CKC1586":cm64htls said:
Arkansas":cm64htls said:
Without knowing your exact browser, the quickest way I can think right off to block them would be to add (adblockplus.org) to your extensions.. It will block all the ads for you. If you have Chrome Browser not sure if its compatible with Explorer.. But a majority of times its spyware that you have downloaded something and the spyware was camel backing on the downloaded content.. Then it buries itself into one of your local files and unless your PC savvy you wont find it very easy. You can always search on the net for help sometime people will post same problems you have had before :)

Hope this Helps :)
Thanks!!

No problem what so ever :) You can keep them from getting on your PC permanently with a good spyware program.. I myself just use the free Microsoft Security Essentials it works great and Free and the rest of anything that gets by I can usually take care of myself. I been building PC's sense I was in my early 20's.. Very easy once you learn them and places spyware usually hide there programs or learn how to use your Task Manager and then you will know how many programs your PC runs and if there are extra once you can use it to disable and find the files also..

Latest posts