Flank Steak Roast

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I pulled what I thought was something else out of the freezer and found it to be a flank steak so I decided to make a roast out of it to be sliced later for fajitas.

Took a 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, 3 cloves of garlic and some fresh picked rosemary. Chopped up the rosemary and garlic good and added this to the pepper then added some olive oil to make a paste. Wiped both sides of the meat down.

IMG_5931.jpg

I then took some carrots and gently cooked them in water till soft then drained water added some olive oil and added sliced peppers and mushrooms and sauteed them till soft.

Spread these ingredients over the prepared meat.

IMG_5932.jpg

Rolled and tied the flank steak into a roast.

IMG_5933.jpg

Stuck the roast into the smoker at 275F and cherry wood for the smoke. When the internal temp reached 145 I pulled the roast.

IMG_5939.jpg

After a rest I sliced into it for a sample.

IMG_5940.jpg

Will be using this later this week as fajitas. Will most likely slice it thin and throw it into a skillet with some sweaty onions and peppers.

thats good for a flank alright..we just cut em into fajitas and fry em all together....bet it softened it up good

Oh Joe you and your rosemary. Wife loves that stuff but I hate it. She has one big bush of it in the yard and I can run the lawn mower within a foot of it and smell rosemary for a week. Someday I'm gonna look over my shoulder and check behind me just as I run right over the top of that stinking thing. :lol2:

TexasBred":ykolwjpu said:
Oh Joe you and your rosemary. Wife loves that stuff but I hate it. She has one big bush of it in the yard and I can run the lawn mower within a foot of it and smell rosemary for a week. Someday I'm gonna look over my shoulder and check behind me just as I run right over the top of that stinking thing. :lol2:
the day you do that better be wearing your bulletproof undies.because i bet she will fill your backside full of buckshot. :lol:

Forget the fajitas, that looks awesome prepared just like that . :clap: I am going to have to try that .

A lot of fat and marbling for a flank , was that one of your unbalancers ? :D

hillsdown":1nu95nm8 said:
Forget the fajitas, that looks awesome prepared just like that . :clap: I am going to have to try that .

A lot of fat and marbling for a flank , was that one of your unbalancers ? :D

Yeah, it was a CIB. ;-) I'm getting low on beef in the freezer. Before long I'll be forced to pickle the tongues I have buried somewher in the freezer. Yum.

dun":1nu95nm8 said:
Seems a terrbilbe thing to do with a perfectly good flanksteak

Keeps me out of trouble. ;-)

Latest posts