Flag Removed at UC Davis Senate Meetings

Help Support CattleToday:

Ridiculous. One of the many reasons I am thankful to live in the part of the country I do and not somewhere like that. Ive never been there, but from what I've seen and heard in the news it's like a while other world over there in parts of CA.

Did you guys read the article? The school had a long-overlooked requirement that the flag be flown at all student senate meetings and it was not being followed. One student noticed it and sought to remove the requirement so that they wouldn't get in trouble.
At any rate, how does it make a student more of a patriot to hold a meeting to kvetch about the cafeteria food in a room with a flag, versus a room without one? And you have no idea what political leanings any of the students have, from this article. This type of article is just click-bait and we all need to stop biting.

TennesseeTuxedo":25mq5juu said:
Bright Raven":25mq5juu said:
Won't change how I sleep tonight.

Very disappointing comment Raven.

An act of repealing a requirement to display the flag in a meaningless function. Does not affect your rights or liberties. If that is all you have to worry about, consider yourself fortunate.

Somewhere, a roofing nail has started backing out. A good stout wind will tear off the shingle. If it goes unnoticed, the next rain will come right in. Then the whole house could be ruined. Same concept applies to the crap people are pulling. Yes, the article is just bait though, so need in losing sleep.

Bright Raven":2ri0f45u said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2ri0f45u said:
Bright Raven":2ri0f45u said:
Won't change how I sleep tonight.

Very disappointing comment Raven.

An act of repealing a requirement to display the flag in a meaningless function. Does not affect your rights or liberties. If that is all you have to worry about, consider yourself fortunate.

That's the mindset that says reciting the pledge of allegiance is an unfair infringement of a person's civil rights.

If it's such a non-issue, then why must they make language to specifically keep it removed? If it was a religious or race based item, I can see a point. But it's the flaG of the country they are standing in!

M.Magis":ht6eqylk said:
boondocks":ht6eqylk said:
And you have no idea what political leanings any of the students have, from this article.
It specifically stated they were young liberals.

I was ready to stand corrected but I re-read it and don't see that. At any rate, I get more excited about the actual freedoms we have (or don't), not whether a flag is in room A or room B. Again, this was a supposed "requirement" that no one had been following. It's a silly story to gin up controversy and sell papers/peepers.

boondocks":11p8iw8z said:
M.Magis":11p8iw8z said:
boondocks":11p8iw8z said:
And you have no idea what political leanings any of the students have, from this article.
It specifically stated they were young liberals.

I was ready to stand corrected but I re-read it and don't see that. At any rate, I get more excited about the actual freedoms we have (or don't), not whether a flag is in room A or room B. Again, this was a supposed "requirement" that no one had been following. It's a silly story to gin up controversy and sell papers/peepers.
You're right, I was certain I read it but apparently I didn't.
Regardless, rather than go through all this because people weren't following the rules, why didn't they simply start enforcing the rule that they claim wasn't being followed? Attention.

Latest posts