Fla and SE USA--rain cometh--a little wind too.

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
trackmap_storm1-1.jpg

Jupiter, Florida is right in the bullseye. That's where I was born and raised, and most of our family still lives there. My mother in law the only smart one in the bunch, she's heading up here. Screw south Florida, home to the rudest folks of anywhere I've been.

The current track has it coming directly over me. We have had a lower than average rain so far but it looks like that is going to change. Last time Irene dumped 15 inches on us in 2 hours.

About six miles east of me they got 11 inches Saturday and I got an inch. Highway was flooded and it was a real mess.

Yeah. I've got another small place about 4 miles SE of here. Got a good rain their yesterday afternoon. Was headed this way but evidently it didn't have mommies permission to cross the highway.

I'm glad this didn't have mommies permission to come and mess with me. The inch was more than sufficient to mess me up. The rain came down so fast it flooded a church that sits on what we call a hill. Granted the church was built on a slab but still it was a bunch of rain.

Even with cracks in the ground rivaling those we had in 2011, 11 inches in a short time would most likely cause some problems.

I have had more rain this year than I deserve. Been tough getting hay up but I got grass running out my ears.

It rained a little yesterday and a little more today. Grass is green--well, maybe just not as brown as it was..