Fizzies

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy

Reaction score
With all this talk in another thread about the old coots, older than dirt, old timers and such, how many remember Fizzies?

These things just popped in my my mind the other night. I had forgot about them.

flaboy":2j4hvjli said:
With all this talk in another thread about the old coots, older than dirt, old timers and such, how many remember Fizzies?

These things just popped in my my mind the other night. I had forgot about them.

And then came Zotz and the urban legends of children foaming out of their heads. (We are on memory lane)

CKC1586":24k606ho said:
Hey I remember Fizzies! My horse liked em, she was a hoot.
Do they still make Good N Plenty candy??

Yes they do. Mike and Ike's too.

I've seem Mike and Ikes but haven't seen Good N Plentys in a very long time. I remember the Black Jack gum that kids would chew then spread on their front teeth to look like they were missing.....

CKC1586":jyrnt78h said:
I've seem Mike and Ikes but haven't seen Good N Plentys in a very long time. I remember the Black Jack gum that kids would chew then spread on their front teeth to look like they were missing.....

i ate that once when i was little it stained my teeth like a dirty grey for about 3 days lol.

I bought some for a friend of mine at work to put in his stocking last year.
(Good n Plenties)

I remember Blackjack gum, as well. I also remember this awful clove gum that my sister used to chew. Is that the same thing? I was little, like, not in school yet. I do remember I didn't like it. Who made that? I remember commercials for it.

Lammie":9lsmch4y said:
(Good n Plenties)

I remember Blackjack gum, as well. I also remember this awful clove gum that my sister used to chew. Is that the same thing? I was little, like, not in school yet. I do remember I didn't like it. Who made that? I remember commercials for it.
Wasn't that Teaberry gum???

CKC1586":2fqhoh7b said:
Lammie":2fqhoh7b said:
(Good n Plenties)

Wasn't that Teaberry gum???

Yeah, Yeah! That was it! Clark's, right?

I don't know about all this candy and gum, but I remember Luckys in a green pack (LSMFT). Roll your own if you didn't have ready rolls.
Old Golds-what radio show did they sponsor? Ted Mack? Arthur Godfrey?

Speaking of radio shows-who remembers Ma Perkins and Our Gal Sunday.

How about,The Lone Ranger,Outer Limits,and Suspence on the radio.
I can also remember mother listning to Soaps on the radio.
You could get 2cents a piece for pop bottles and beer bottles.
Beer could be bought in a tin can and you had to use a church key to open them.
Then a little later a six pack of cans had this plastic on the top to hold them together.
Then a lot later in years the Mini Skirt fad. Was hard to keep your eighteen wheeler on the road.

Cal

Calman":16jooh4x said:
Then a little later a six pack of cans had this plastic on the top to hold them together.

Yep, but you also had the option to pull up to the drive through window and hand them your empty milk jug and have it refilled with cold beer. Moving hay was actually enjoyable with a jug of warm beer in your lap. Of course they were tough on DUI. $50 fine and it didn't show up on your record or insurance.

I remember them (the fizzies) so well, that I just bought them for the kids a few months back!! They didn't care too much for them, but they did like to watch them fizz!! Still have some in the cabinet!! ;-)

I don't remember any of these things.... :p The fizzies you can still buy but don't taste the same as I remember...

How many of you remember all those cheesy commercials for things like chefboyrdee and other canned crap , then when your mom finally gave in and bought "spaggetios" they didn't "taste at all like they did on TV" .. mama mea :lol2:

What about Flintstone chewable vitamins,,I bugged my mom forever until she bought them, I turned green when I chewed the first one.. :help:

Suspense and all those old radio shows are on air here every sunday night from 10 to midnight

www.rock101.com 10 pm to 12 am sundays, they stream live and you can listen in anywhere... I often listen to it, some really good shows back then, The shadow is boring, Suspense was excellent though

farm princess":1d1gqj0o said:
I remember them (the fizzies) so well, that I just bought them for the kids a few months back!! They didn't care too much for them, but they did like to watch them fizz!! Still have some in the cabinet!! ;-)

They stil make them huh? I haven't seen them in years. We were not allowed to drink cokes and such as kids. The fizzie was as close as we got.

flaboy":1n8ko9nx said:
farm princess":1n8ko9nx said:

They stil make them huh? I haven't seen them in years. We were not allowed to drink cokes and such as kids. The fizzie was as close as we got.

http://www.fizzies.com/